What's new

Pentel Excalibur Refills

I know this board mainly deals with fountain pens, but I would never have found it had I not received a few nice rollerball pens a while back. One was a Pentel Excalibur RX15 which has been permanently discontinued. I have not had much luck finding the discontinued Pentel Refills (BFL5BP-K6) at a reasonable price. I have tried a few that looked similar, but they protrude too far out of the barrel at the tip. Do any of you happen to know a suitable and available refill? Thanks so much

Thank you for the suggestions. I tried a Pilot G2 refill, but it stuck out pretty far from the end of the pen (although it was usable.) I'll take a look at the GLSG2 and see if it might work. I also read somewhere that the Pentel Energel refill might be an option. I really like the feel of the pen; hope I can find a good option to keep it in use.

This might be a dumb idea. I don't have any experience with the Pilot G2 refill but it looks like it is plastic with an end cap. Would it be possible to pry out the end cap with some needle nose pliers and trim off a bit of the plastic with a utility knife and put the cap back on?Then it wouldn't protrude so far.

Last edited:
Doesn't sound dumb to me, I actually tried doing something like that before. (and made quite a mess!) I may revisit now that I have a better idea of how the end is put together. I got a couple of Pentech Energel refills and they fit a little better. I may just stick with those for now. Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

Top Bottom