What's new

Penhaligons, Floris, or Creed?!?

Which Brand of EdT is the Best?

• Penhaligons

• Floris

• Creed

• Whatever Art Chooses

Results are only viewable after voting.
SWMBO would like to provide me some new fine scents for Christmas. Without knowing my preferences, I would like to know which brand is the best by the members here. I've heard a lot about all three.

I just pulled Creed out of the air, simply because they have more scents in production to choose from than the other two do.

Seriously, this type of decision is so intensely personal I can't imagine you'd get the same response twice from all the B&B membership. What my SWMBO and I like certainly is going to differ from what you and your SWMBO find attractive. And then there's staying power; price; comments from friends, family and coworkers; etc.

If you haven't already done so, meander over to Basenotes (http://www.basenotes.net/), look up those brands and start sifting through the Fragrance Notes and member reviews for all the frags that look interesting. Then see if you can find samples of the scents that appeal to you on your short list and go from there.

I have several Penhaligon's scents, so I chose that. However, saying one brand is "better" than others seems pointless.

I prefer Penhaligon's over Creed. While Creed does have some great scents I think Penhaligon's captures the classics much better.

I voted for Pens.

Creed is great if you find one that works well for you, It's fantastic. But they're very pricey and IMO, more individually finicky. I read lots of stories here and in basenotes about how much someone loves a particular Creed, and when I try it- horrible longevity.

I think Pen's are more traditional and are better liked overall by the type of guys (us) who focus so much on a great shave.

I have a lot of frags and none of the Creeds in my top 2 or 3 anymore, but Racquets sure is.

I feel very "barbershop" fresh when I wear Racquets. I feel very rich when I wear Hamman Bouquet.

I'll be picking up more Pens in the future.

Last edited:
CREED started out British, but then moved to France. Their scents seem to be reflective of both, but leaning toward French in style.

Penhaligon's and Floris, on the other hand, are very traditional British brands, and are very much established as such. Because of this, I'd imagine that they would appeal to this "barbershop" niche of ours here on Badger.

And of those two brands, Penhaligons is the standout, as far as I'm concerned. Not that Floris doesn't have it's own merits, but Penhaligons seems more secure in their foothold. Every Pen's scent stands on it's own as a seemingly necessary component of an English fragrance wardrobe, while Floris seems to have a bit of vagueness and overlap in it's line. Maybe I'm biased somehow, but I haven't been compelled to buy any Floris scents as of yet, while I've owned 6+ bottles of Pen's. Then again, maybe if I got to know my Floris samples better, I'd take to some of them... But that's the problem - these Floris scents just don't seem to be "instantly knowable", like the Pen's.

Thanks for the votes, guys. I just wanted a general consensus on what seems to be the most popular. Wow, Penhaligons is winning by a landslide! I do realize that I need to sample these before any triggers get pulled. I do have to say that without sampling, I pulled the trigger on Ray's Gentleman's Best Signature Series products with absolutely no regrets! I Want More Of It!!!

I haven't found anything that is better for me that Floris' Vetiver.

If there are suggestions, I'd like to hear them.

Which GFT scents do you like? (I think I have sampled most GFT scents. Not sure i can remember any of them, unfortunately. Maybe Astor.)

I love pretty much all the Trumpers i've tried. curzon is the only one I could take or leave, and i only tried that in a small sample. I especially enjoy Wild Fern, Eucris, Astor, and Ajaccio Violets.

Top Bottom