What's new

Patchouli shave soap recommendation?

I bought the Tabula Rasa, Lisa's sandalwood and pachuoli and a puck of Humprey's Handmade sandalwood (eBay for $5.00). I used the Tabula last night. A nice cream, very soft. Pachouli scent is there but didn't linger. I used the HH today. This is a hard puck. Easy to lather, good slickness.
Finshed today with Fine Babershop AS. I like them both. I use a pachouli bath bar (Indigo Wild) and the scent is strong and lasting. My coworkers know when I use it :) I love it.

I bought the Tabula Rasa, Lisa's sandalwood and pachuoli and a puck of Humprey's Handmade sandalwood (eBay for $5.00). I used the Tabula last night. A nice cream, very soft. Pachouli scent is there but didn't linger. I used the HH today. This is a hard puck. Easy to lather, good slickness.
Finshed today with Fine Babershop AS. I like them both. I use a pachouli bath bar (Indigo Wild) and the scent is strong and lasting. My coworkers know when I use it :) I love it.

Lisa's sandalwood and pachouli arrived today. It smells WONDERFUL.

You must have bought the sample because the pucks are sold out/discontinued. Or you found one elsewhere...maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, the 1 oz. is all that was available. I should probably buy all of my soaps as 1 oz. as then I might actually use them all up at some point.

I also bought her clove - orange and that smells great too.

@roosty and all,

You mentioned the Indigo Wild bath bar. How does it compare strength/scent wise with other patchouli bar soaps?

Also, have you tried Lush's Karma? If so, how is that for patchouli scent and strength?

Re the shaving soaps though, I'll be sniffing around to get a good patchouli one soon but I've come across reviews on some of these shaving soaps where some people say the patchouli scent is very present (what I want - strong) whilst others say it's almost non existent, so it's a little confusing.

I have loved patchouli since I was young but have always struggled to find a good patchouli product outside of essential oil. Any recommendations would be appreciated?

cheers, joe

Joe,
I have not tired Lush's karma. The Indigo Wild bar has a strong enough scent that people i work with can smell it in the afternoon. I would call it a pure patchouli scent.
Grooming Dept. patchouli is very good as is Lisa's Herbal Patchouli (however, I think it's discontinued).

Speaking from experience, Lush's karma is not very patchouli heavy IMO. It definitely has more citrus/floral/sweet with a patchouli base. It's there but it's not PURE.

I use St. Charles Shave's "Smoke & Beads" Base is patchouli with a citrus blend. Awesome soap with a matching AS splash. Love the scent and with the AS it does linger. SCS also has a patchouli only scent and matching AS splash. Have not tried that one, though. The prices for a 3oz puck (in the tin) is $8. Splashes are $13/4oz. Worth a shot for that price and the soaps and splashes are really great. I'm becoming a real fan of the SCS products.
To wit I have SCS's:
Smoke & Beads + AS
Fairway + AS
Savory Rose + AS

And I just ordered this soap (pricey at $28/3.7oz, but it's fragrance is made with pure Rose Absolute (and I trust Wendy, Sue Moore's daughter who is now running the company, to produce a quality product of this caliber).
Found it in the "SCS - Limited" link:
Rose Damascena Shave Soap - This Bulgarian Rose (rose otto) shave soap is made from 100% pure Bulgarian Rose Absolute. Rose Absolute is a solvent extracted from petals of the Bulgarian Rose. It takes approximately 60,000 rose petals to produce 1 drop of this precious oil.
It has just got to be great. I'll post as soon as I get it.
But we are talking about patchouli, so my bad if I got off track.
Mikey

I don't really know what patchouli smells like. But if that is what gives Stirling Glastonbury its astonishing awesome-ness, I'm all for it. That Stirling Glastonbury smells amazingly good. Can't get enough of it. I often sneak sniffs of it when I'm in the bathroom.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I don't really know what patchouli smells like. But if that is what gives Stirling Glastonbury its astonishing awesome-ness, I'm all for it. That Stirling Glastonbury smells amazingly good. Can't get enough of it. I often sneak sniffs of it when I'm in the bathroom.
1631657299409.gif

You might check out Nag Champa too it was just rereleased for the autumn season

Turtleship Patchouli is a strong recommendation, a nice straightforward patch and good performance. I like Valobra too, great performance but the scent is pretty mild.

Top Bottom