What's new

Pasted Balsa Strop..

hey everyone,

so I may have bought the wrong thing here but I thought I'd check to see what you guys thought before I just threw it out.

I want to paste one of my new balsa strops with chromium oxide. I got a small brick-ish unit from sharpshopusa.com with this in mind, but didn't realize it'd be so hard. I I really don't want to muck up the nicely surfaced balsa trying apply this stuff like I'm scribbling with a crayon, though. Is there a way that I can break it down to use it more like a paste? Maybe soaking a chunk of it in mineral oil or something? Or should I just forget about this stuff and get some powder or paste?

Any advice is greatly appreciated..

I've only used the crayon on a strop but I'm almost positive that balsa will only take the liquid form of crox.

IMO you'll be better off ordering from Ray Man a packet of liquid crox or a balsa with crox already applied by him. It's really inexpensive to do either.

RayMan

I've only used the crayon on a strop but I'm almost positive that balsa will only take the liquid form of crox.

IMO you'll be better off ordering from Ray Man a packet of liquid crox or a balsa with crox already applied by him. It's really inexpensive to do either.

RayMan

that's perfect, I was actually looking for this site before I made this post but couldn't think of where it was.
as I've already got the balsa ready to go, I've just ordered a packet of crox from him.

thanks!!

that's perfect, I was actually looking for this site before I made this post but couldn't think of where it was.
as I've already got the balsa ready to go, I've just ordered a packet of crox from him.

thanks!!

It was sent out yesterday. Pay attention to the instructions, no more than 6 to 8 laps. This is the best crox available, 99.9% pure.

If you have any questions, please pm me.

Ray

Top Bottom