What's new

Parker Variant back in stock Gents....

IMG_0251.JPG
Good Luck. I ordered in black also just to pair it with my Satin Chrome one. So far the fit and finish is great. I threw in a blade to check for alignment, perfect. Even on both sides. No chance for a shave yet with it. I'm in a challenge for the month of March. Come April though, it's on....:thumbsup:

Update, I was just notified black handle is out of stock now on supersafetyrazors.com but satin still available. I ordered my black handle yesterday morning. Monday is my day!

Update, I was just notified black handle is out of stock now on supersafetyrazors.com but satin still available. I ordered my black handle yesterday morning. Monday is my day!
Nice. Keep us posted on how you receive your Variant. Hopefully this production batch addressed some of their earlier QC issues with fit and finish....:thumbsup:

not sure QC will be addressed until next batch, given the lag time between design, production, and shipping from india.

Well, lets hope they had time for corrections. If you take into account that the Parker Variant was released in the last quarter of 2016, that gave them an 8-12 week window in recieving feedback whether positive or negative on their product. I received my Variant on December 19th, the second batch that Super Safety Razors received. I believe the first batch released was in mid-October. The owner at Super Safety Razors has a stake in the Parker razors so he might have some input on getting production run tolerances tightened up. Retooling would not be necessary, just better QC procedures and tweaking mold and casting setups. January to March is another 8-10 weeks, it could be done. Tough, but not impossible......

Nice. Keep us posted on how you receive your Variant. Hopefully this production batch addressed some of their earlier QC issues with fit and finish....:thumbsup:
Holy smokes. This thing shaves beautifully. This is my second Variant but never got to use my first one because of handle issues and I returned it. Looks like the black handle finish seems a tad thicker and glossier than my first Variant. I used it this morning on setting 3 and I was amazed with the smoothness. Never felt like it was going to bite me back. Love the weight. Here's a photo.
parker.jpg

Holy smokes. This thing shaves beautifully. This is my second Variant but never got to use my first one because of handle issues and I returned it. Looks like the black handle finish seems a tad thicker and glossier than my first Variant. I used it this morning on setting 3 and I was amazed with the smoothness. Never felt like it was going to bite me back. Love the weight. Here's a photo.
View attachment 774159
Nice...... ! :a14: The more you use it, the better it gets. Glad that your satisfied with the overall quality of the razor. That's good news heading forward. Any alignment issues with the blade?

Nice...... ! :a14: The more you use it, the better it gets. Glad that your satisfied with the overall quality of the razor. That's good news heading forward. Any alignment issues with the blade?
Thanks. No alignment issues and I made sure markings on the head were lined up. I am just still shocked it shaved better than I thought. I really do feel the difference compared to my Progress and I didn't even push it with just 2 passes. This is a beautiful day and I'm now thinking about thinning my collection because I know this Variant will take up a lot more time from the others.

Thanks. No alignment issues and I made sure markings on the head were lined up. I am just still shocked it shaved better than I thought. I really do feel the difference compared to my Progress and I didn't even push it with just 2 passes. This is a beautiful day and I'm now thinking about thinning my collection because I know this Variant will take up a lot more time from the others.
Don't blame you. I just got rid of my Progress and Futur to be honest. I just have 3 de's, the Variant, Merkur Vision, and the Gillette Slim, and the Slim might go too. Actually 4 de's since I have 1 each of the Variant's in Satin Chrome & Black. Good luck amigo....

I have really gotten to know the satin Variant and I rank it right behind the Timeless .68 (have not tried the .95 yet!) in terms of the actual shave.

Above my Wolfman SB, Blackbird, 6S and, of course, my Progress.

Don't let the price fool you. This is the Merkur Progress (a perfectly designed DE head) made even better.

Phenomenal razor.

I have really gotten to know the satin Variant and I rank it right behind the Timeless .68 (have not tried the .95 yet!) in terms of the actual shave.

Above my Wolfman SB, Blackbird, 6S and, of course, my Progress.

Don't let the price fool you. This is the Merkur Progress (a perfectly designed DE head) made even better.

Phenomenal razor.
+1 Agree.

Just finished my first shave with this fine razor. Three passes DFS, no ATG today, just testing the waters. No irritation, no nicks, no weepers and no sting from the AS. Need more shaves to see if it dethrones my Rockwell 6s...
Damn good razor for sure!

IMG_2628.JPG

I've had my Variant for a week now, and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!

I was a long-time Progress (Mergress) user who needed a new adjustable after mine fell apart. (internal corrosion issues.)

The Variant was similar in function, looked good, and the price was right.

In hand, I like the weight and the texture of the handle. It seems more solid than the Progress. I really like that Variant doesn't have the slop or give with blade positioning & alignment that my Progress had.

It really shaves like a dream. Smooth. If you love hearing the blade work your whiskers, this razor will make you very happy. I thought the Progress had good audible feedback, but the Variant beats it for sure.

For $57, it's a fabulous razor. I hope it holds up better than my Progress did.

I've had my Variant for a week now, and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!

I was a long-time Progress (Mergress) user who needed a new adjustable after mine fell apart. (internal corrosion issues.)

The Variant was similar in function, looked good, and the price was right.

In hand, I like the weight and the texture of the handle. It seems more solid than the Progress. I really like that Variant doesn't have the slop or give with blade positioning & alignment that my Progress had.

It really shaves like a dream. Smooth. If you love hearing the blade work your whiskers, this razor will make you very happy. I thought the Progress had good audible feedback, but the Variant beats it for sure.

For $57, it's a fabulous razor. I hope it holds up better than my Progress did.
It's a sweet razor for the money. Gives the more renowned razors costing 2-3 times as much a solid run for their money. I've had my satin chrome one for just a hair under 3 months, solid and no issues. I purchased the black finished one at the end of February and haven't been able to try it out yet because I signed up for the month of FFF March Madness thing. And my Progress, that one is gone. The Variant just plain did it better.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Forgive me, does the Variant just change the gap of the razor as opposed to ,say, a slim where the curvature also changes?

Kindly,
Adam

Top Bottom