What's new

Parker 5th Technology

Has anyone used one of the Parker "5th Technology" pens? They claim it's basically a hybrid of rollerball and fountainpen (and ballpoint and felt tip, though that sounds a lot like market speak). The end of it looks like a fountain pen with a tapered point from the feed instead of a ball end. I admit I'm intrigued.

Anyone have any experiences to share?

Last edited:
I've only handled and used one in a pen shop. My take: Nice looking pen. Writes about the same as a cheap rollerball. I get the feeling it's designed for people who want to appear as if they're using a fountain pen, but don't want the hassle of all that messy ink stuff! :ohmy:

I've only handled and used one in a pen shop. My take: Nice looking pen. Writes about the same as a cheap rollerball. I get the feeling it's designed for people who want to appear as if they're using a fountain pen, but don't want the hassle of all that messy ink stuff! :ohmy:

That's disappointing, but not really surprising.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
It reminds me of the fake kick starters some people put on their Harleys. Oh, and the one on my 83 is real and has saved my rear more than once (and caused some pain, too).

Top Bottom