What's new

Palmolive sticks are awesome

I've been using an Arko stick every day for the past few weeks. I got 2 Palmolive sticks in the mail yesterday so tried one out this morning lathered with the same cheap VDH boar brush I use for the Arko. My opinion? An outstanding stick! I really enjoyed it: good smell, great lather, great slickness and as I sit here rubbing my face 10 minutes after my pre-work shave, it delivered an outstanding shave. I'll be picking up some more Palmolive sticks for sure.

I would love to try the Palmolive stick. Where can I buy these in the US?

BullGoose has them in stock. They're inexpensive, and Phil is great to deal with. You can get one each of Arko, Palmolive, Speick, and Wilkinson Sword for a little over $20 delivered to compare.

i bought 2 and just start shaving with them, they are great. and so cheap. it annoys me they arent stocked here as cheap as they are but williams and vdh are stocked

I would love to try the Palmolive stick. Where can I buy these in the US?

I got mine on eBay. I think I paid about $5 a stick with free shipping and it's the European version but came from some guy in California.

On a side note, I'm starting to think the Palmolive produces a better "glide" than the Arko.

I got mine on eBay. I think I paid about $5 a stick with free shipping and it's the European version but came from some guy in California.

On a side note, I'm starting to think the Palmolive produces a better "glide" than the Arko.
Got mine in the same place, next time I will see if Phil has it. WCS also lists it but they are out of stock at the moment.

Cant wait for it to arrive so as to compare it to my other sticks.

Have introduced many folks to the joy of brush v canned with this stick!
Unbelievable performance and price to die for!

I love mixing Palmolive and Tabac!

I haven't used Arko or Palmolive a lot yet, but so far I've found Palmolive the superior soap. Not too mention it smells much better.

I haven't used Arko or Palmolive a lot yet, but so far I've found Palmolive the superior soap. Not too mention it smells much better.

I really like Arko, but I would agree the Palmolive performs a little better than the Arko. I'm one of the genetic mutations who actually likes the smell of Arko.

I've had one in a drawer for 9 months. I didn't know what I've been missing. It's making an appearance this week. Thanks

Purely from a performance standpoint, Palmolive is the best soap I've ever used. I've never had a disappointing shave with it, even when I've been away from home and had to deal with hard water, it always produces a fantastic slick lather and leaves my skin feeling good afterwards. Seriously, a monkey could make great lather with it.

The scent's nothing to write home about, it's pleasant enough but it's mild and just smells like soap, that does mean that it's inoffensive and doesn't clash with your aftershave though. With most UK supermarkets stocking it at 50p a stick it's a no-brainer.

Yes - there is at least one from Australia.

This is the Australian one.

$141997.jpg
Ingredients:
Sosium Palmate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Potassium Stearate, Stearic Acid, Water, Glycerin, Palm Kernel Acid, Fragrance, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, CI 74260, CI 11680, CI 77266.

It is an excellent soap and has a great "shaving" fragrance.

Top Bottom