What's new

Palmolive Classic is a beaut!

Awesome stuff. It will leave your face soooo soft.
The scent is a very mild soapy smell that does not over-power aftershaves etc...
My wife, who has a bit of a fragrance allergy, really loves it.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Awesome stuff. It will leave your face soooo soft.
The scent is a very mild soapy smell that does not over-power aftershaves etc...
My wife, who has a bit of a fragrance allergy, really loves it.
That makes me want to go shave again. Six tubes on the way.

I bought both the Palmolive cream and the stick last year on impulse, simply because they were so cheap in Wilkinson stores, here in the UK.

Both great performers and fantastic value, but the slippery soap stick I found difficult and messy to use, so have settled on the cream.

Lovely scent, lovely lather, slick, leaves your skin feeling great.

Many stores and chemist's seem to carry it and cost is always around £2.

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk

The classic with palm extract is definitely a ‘beaut.’ I‘m sure my grandfather on my Dad’s side used it. I own multiple tubes of it as it used to be sold in the main UK supermarkets for something crazy like £1.85 a tube.

I got around to trying the menthol version 2 years back. Slightly more expensive but in my opinion worth it. I like the somewhat medicinal scent and, while it’s not as intense a menthol kick as Snake Bite soap, it’s refreshing enough with a cold water shave.

41D05682-8714-4EF6-A94D-DC5F2B063792.jpeg

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Palmolive has excellent slickness, but I simply cannot use it. There's something in it that does not agree with my skin and gives me some annoying itchy feeling after the shave. A real pity.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Palmolive has excellent slickness, but I simply cannot use it. There's something in it that does not agree with my skin and gives me some annoying itchy feeling after the shave. A real pity.
I had the same experience with Tabac and had to give it up.

How does Palmolive compare to Nivea shave cream ? I ask this because i use quite a few Nivea products as they seem to agree with my skin and hair and would like to try the Nivea shave cream out of curiosity (if i can actually find a shop that sells it in the UK, that is)

Palmolive Classic is one of my all time favorite creams and I use it often. It's a solid performer and easy on the wallet too. :thumbsup:

I have almost 2 full tubes of American made palmolive cream. Anyone know how much difference there is between the European palmolive cream and the old American made palmolive?

Another person saying how good Palmolive cream is. I have two of the palm extract ones and picked them up at a local chemist (UK) for £1.99 each.
It's the only product I've considered stockpiling (if I wasnt trying to use all my stuff 3017 style I would definitely buy more) and my go to if I want a lovely and easy shave... I cant really think of a negative... Bar the smell may not be for everyone but I like it!
I hope its still available when I'm ready for more product.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I have almost 2 full tubes of American made palmolive cream. Anyone know how much difference there is between the European palmolive cream and the old American made palmolive?
I used it back in the 60’s and 70’s. It was good then and it’s good now.

I really rate it as a product to use + the bonus is that it is crazy cheap in the UK. It really does feel a lot more luxurious than you would guess from the price / brand.

You only need a tiny blob for a good bowl of lather, so each tube lasts a good while.

I've used this cream recently and I'd have to say, it matches with a lot of soaps/creams out there. I got a wonderful shave and the scent is very fresh/clean.

I picked some up while in Ireland last year. One of the best creams I’ve used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did our weekly shop last night in Sainsburys and picked up 2 tubes of Palmolive cream @ £2 each and a bottle of Nivea sensitive aftershave balm on half price offer @ £3. [emoji106]

Will keep me going for a while.

IMO, the Belgian made one in the Green Tube is very good, but the Italian made Menthol counterpart is exceptional.

A little more expensive than the Belgian one but IMO worth it.

Top Bottom