What's new

Palmolive Classic is a beaut!

Finally got my Amazon shipment after waiting for what was probably a solid 3-4 weeks. I never shave in the evening but i did today to take off a 5 day stubble.

The cream is an absolute beauty! Super easy to lather. Super slick. The scent is a mild green/herbal. Not overpowering at all so those who enjoy weak scents will like it. I had tons of lather left over even after a 3 pass shave, even though i didnt initially put on any more than i do with my other creams.

I didn’t imagine my Nivea creams would take a back seat anytime soon, but i think i have a new favourite now. Absolutely loved it! It’s very kind on the wallet too.

The only thing that could top this is the Old Spice shaving cream that I’m expecting to be delivered in the next few days ( hopefully).

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The older Palmolive could be bought at the corner drug store some years ago, unfortunately it was replaced by canned creams in the U.S.

Try LEA Classic, La Toja and Speick creams if you get a chance. They are very good as well. Still available in pharmacies and supermarkets in Europe for low cost.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Palmolive Shaving Cream is another great value for money product. Cheap and it works great. IMHO.

Palmolive cream is great stuff. I ordered some Old Spice cream last year. Didn't smell anything like OS. Wasn't too impressed with the performance either.

Bought 4 tubes while in Paris last September for peanuts! Great cream, put it a notch above Proraso.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I first used it in the 1960’s and it is just as good today as it was then. I always have it and at $17 a six pack in Amazon, it can’t be beat.

I’m using this as my travel cream now. Performance is excellent without even considering the price (at or better than Proraso cream), but for the price it’s top notch.

Did it come from India or Europe?

I bought a tube of Palmolive Lemon-Lime shave cream off Ebay from India a few years ago but I can no longer find it listed.

:concern:

Mine came from England.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Just ordered a six pack of classic for $2.80 per 100 ml tube from Amazon. Strike while the iron is hot. Obviously coming from Europe as expected delivery is about a month.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Just ordered a six pack of classic for $2.80 per 100 ml tube from Amazon. Strike while the iron is hot. Obviously coming from Europe as expected delivery is about a month.
Thanks for the heads-up....that is a really good price! These make goods gifts and PIFs to newbie and veteran shavers alike.

Top Bottom