What's new

Pairing with Tabac (and what else smells of Tabac soap)

The missus caught me sniffing Tabac last night and called me on it but I just can't get enough of it. The soap's scent lingers for a while after the shave but it's completely lost by the afternoon.

I have only the single puck of Tabac and it was hardly love at first sniff. Even the missus couldn't stand it at first. But, now that I'm well into the puck, I have fallen for the scent and even my wife considers it acceptable (I consider it quite the complement).

So my question is two fold:
> Besides Tabac's AS products: what else pairs with Tabac?
> Is there anything else that smells similar as Tabac? (other soaps, AS, balms, etc...?)

I've never smelled the Tabac soap but I do have a bottle of the EDC. To my nose Jovan Musk is similar to Tabac.

Nothing else smells like Tabac ... love it or hate it, it is a unique aroma.

Nothing goes better with Tabac except for more Tabac. If you like the scent of the soap, get the whole range ... shave cream, bath soap, shampoo, deodorant stick/spray, ASL, ASB, EdC/EdT, etc.

Its like the instruments in a symphony orchestra. One at a time, they sound good enough, but put them all together, they make beautiful music.

And Tabac is best suited for c-c-c-cold weather. Its at its peak when the outside temp is below freezing. If the weather report says it will get above 40F that day, I choose something else.

Why not try Tabac After shave as a pairing? Though I've not used Tabac AS but if they sold it locally without shipping restrictions I'm sure that I would enjoy it. Perhaps someone could vouch that the Tabac AS smells like their Tabac soap or is s good combo? Presently in using Gillette AS splash - Sport which compliments my Tabac soap.

Why not try Tabac After shave as a pairing? Though I've not used Tabac AS but if they sold it locally without shipping restrictions I'm sure that I would enjoy it. Perhaps someone could vouch that the Tabac AS smells like their Tabac soap or is s good combo? Presently in using Gillette AS splash - Sport which compliments my Tabac soap.
Ok, sorry missed your "besides Tabac AS " comment that you've made. however I'm happy with Gillette sport AS pairing as stated earlier.

I love Tabac, and with Tabac's ASB I feel the scent a longer time than the AS alone.
I love pairing the soap and AS with Proraso blue ASB.

Ok, sorry missed your "besides Tabac AS " comment that you've made. however I'm happy with Gillette sport AS pairing as stated earlier.

:)

I expected everyone's first response to what goes well with tabac to be more tabac. And I don't blame them.

Some that I believe are in the same vein as Tabac are:
Avon Oland
Mandom
Pinaud Special Reserve
Old Spice Burley
English Leather
Avon Leather
Aramis

And some I think follow Tabac well are:
Yardley
Sandalwood
Old Spice
Clubman
Bay rum
Lilac Vegetal

Nothing else smells like Tabac ... love it or hate it, it is a unique aroma.

Nothing goes better with Tabac except for more Tabac. If you like the scent of the soap, get the whole range ... shave cream, bath soap, shampoo, deodorant stick/spray, ASL, ASB, EdC/EdT, etc.

Its like the instruments in a symphony orchestra. One at a time, they sound good enough, but put them all together, they make beautiful music.

And Tabac is best suited for c-c-c-cold weather. Its at its peak when the outside temp is below freezing. If the weather report says it will get above 40F that day, I choose something else.

I wholeheartedly agree. This is what I used for last month's Tabactober-

It was an incredible experience. I don't have the AS splash anymore, was gifted to my father. He was visiting and fell in love with it. I'm now pairing the shaving soap with CC Co9T and finishing with Azzaro PH. I find the combination to be quite decent. English Leather also worked well. Floid Vigoroso too.

I also agree with the weather aspect. Works great during the monsoon season too.

Last edited by a moderator:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Pinaud Lilac Vegetal pairs perfectly with Tabac.
A great scent combo.

No really, I'm serious here.
I know I'm a big Veg advocate, and you may take that into account - but the Veg really does pair well with Tabac, provided you are not one of the unfortunate unchosen.

Anything powdery is a great pairing for Tabac. Clubman works, something a bit more spicy like TOBS EDT works as well. Reef Point Fougere Santal AS is a nice paring too. I'm not a Lilac Vegital fan but regardless, I'm not seeing it being the best match. Maybe something with high notes of lavender might work?

Top Bottom