What's new

Paddle Strop -vs- Loom Strop

I have the SRD modular strop and the Livi Loom Strop medium and small for traveling. Nothing compares to the Livi loom strop. He has a skin that is nothing short of heaven to strop on and the chromium oxide on fine linen will bring an edge back in 5-7 laps. If you can afford one, the Livi is the Rolls Royce. I agree with many who used them, they no longer use regular strops.

I don't have the Tensio but recently picked up a paddle strop from Rasurpur and it's interchangable so you have purchase different leathers that are held in place by magnets, it's different than stropping on a hanging strop but the main reason I got it was stropping my kami style razors.

Screen Shot 2017-05-08 at 8.03.00 PM.png
IMG_6425.jpg

William:
I have a few strops from Torolf and am curious as to what kind of (Different) strop you have coming from him?

Well maybe different was not a good choice of words, the leather is the same but the hardware is different and I like different.

Not mine below as I opted for natural end caps and the strop is going to be 2 1/2" with flax linen, he no longer offers leather handles and thats ok as I wanted different.

9.jpg

Thanks for the pic's, I saw those new ends on his site.
Last year I had him make a strop for me with his usual hangers, one on each end so I could switch ends and keep the wear even.
I'm not much for handles and prefer a barber end but the hanger acts like a "D" ring and it doesn't matter which end I put on the hook.
The strop is extra long oil tanned Horween and Flax linen, Torolf does very nice work and will add custom details if you want them.

I have whestholme 3 inch wide linen and cordaven leather. I would say whestholme linen is a little softer than my torolf 2.5 linen all though both are similar I reckon with use Torolf's will be softer.

Both strop makers are superb.

Top Bottom