What's new

Paco Rabanne Pour Homme

So I was being dragged around through department stores by the vrou today, and to help pass the time (as I do), I was spraying on various fragrances... despite the "dark this" and "dangerous that" promised by the advertising, all the stuff I tried was the same over-played, naff, melon and cucumber smelling stuff that I've smelled a million times before - with the exception of the above-mentioned Paco Rabanne Pour Homme, which stopped me in my tracks. I'm not sure if it was just the contrast of all the aquatic stuff coming up against a frag with some cajones, but I found it to be rather good... Are there any fans of this one here on this forum?

I'm going through an old school frag phase and paco rabanne is one of the good ones, a classic for sure. I've seen it compared to Azzaro often but to me they don't smell anything alike. Azzaro has that strong anise/licorice note.

I like Paco Rabanne Pour Homme or AS too as I find the rest to be rather too common ... not sure what that means but Paco Rabanne has been one of my favourite for a while, some called it old school but I think it is one of the best. The next is Aramis.

I also thought Paco Rabanne and Azzaro PH were somewhat similar. To me, both start out with a dark, dry, woody scent, and a soapiness comes out in the dry down. I do think they are a nice change of pace to have in the rotation. I'd like to do a side-by-side test to see how similar and how different they really are.

I've been a Paco Rabanne PH fan for a long time, and have had a bottle sticking around for a decade. I also picked up Azarro PH recently, after reading about it here - and agree, there are similarities between the two. I also really liked Sport de Paco Rabanne, which has sadly been discontinued - there were a number of years in the 90s when I wore this exclusively.

Now I am curious and need to find it to try again. I used this in the 80's, but didn't really think about it. Now I want to see what it is made of and whether I would still like it.

Thanks for all the input gents - glad to hear that this frag is so well represented here! I found that it seems to be a hitting a lot of similar notes to Quorum and Aramis Havana, both of which are frags that I'm a fan of (the latter more than the former, though). I will definitely be investigating it further.

I have picked up a few bottles of the EDT and the AS, some really special offers making this almost as inexpensive as Quorum. I have picked up some Van Cleef & Arpels Tsar, which I think is also Eighties Power House.

Now I am curious and need to find it to try again. I used this in the 80's, but didn't really think about it. Now I want to see what it is made of and whether I would still like it.

Its available at most department stores, just not displayed very prominently, because I don't think its considered much of a modern scent. I've also seen it at the duty free shops at airports, so its quite readily available. The Sport version, on the otherhand, is sadly discontinued..

Haven't worn it in years. Back in the 80's, Paco and Polo were my go to colognes. Very Nice stuff.

It has stood the test of time and is still up there as one of the all time classics from the 80's. they did a new updated version called XS in the early 90's and that one was also, very good. Then, when they thought they could do no wrong, they brought out Black which proved fatefull:mad3:

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I wore this after it first came out and through the late seventies, two bottles over the years. Just got another to try last year and I was surprised at how nice it is, I had forgotten how much I liked it. I don't know if I'd call it a powerhouse though. The woman who bought me the second bottle . . . now she was a powerhouse. :tongue_sm

All time favorite.
I actually have a bottle in stock.

The Malle editions have pushed it a bit back in the rotation, but I probably will never be without it.

:thumbup:

Top Bottom