What's new

"Evil" Salvador Dali pour Homme

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Always on the lookout for an alleged "powerhouse," the description of Salvador Dali pour Homme on other forums was intriguing ... some creative writing; very. The gist of which was that cologne was dark, mysterious, evil; "the cologne of Barnabas Collins." Well, sign me up!

proxy.php

I've been wearing the stuff daily for the past week and like it a lot. Some thoughts:

1. The bottle's a bit bizarre, but that goes with the turf.

2. The stuff was created by Thierry Wasser, a very well-respected designer. There's something to it. It's said to be a fougere - has the lavender - but it seems in practice more like a fougere-chypre.

3. The notes ... well. I can list the notes, but my impression is an initial swarm in the accord, generally agreeing with the pyramid: Top of Lavender, Basil, Bergamot and Clary Sage; a Middle of Jasmin, Geranium and Muguet; and a Base of Cedar wood, Amber, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Patchouli, Musk, and Leather.

You smell many of these things all at once, then it settles down to primarily patchouli, then - after time - it's very very much like Giorgio for Men, a floral chypre.

I wouldn't call Giorgio evil in any way; if Barnabas wore it, people would have known he was coming ...
:a51:"Hey, smells nice in here! Better look out for vampires."

My nose is in college right now, these impressions are only semi-educated. Yet "they" say this belongs in a perfumista's collection - think I agree with that.

Any Dali fans? Vampire comments welcome.

AA

Last edited:
I'm a total cologne novice, this sounds fantastic! I love Tom Ford grey vetiver, Creed Aventus, Aqua di Gio, I wonder how this would fit in. I'm sure it's not cheap.... have a great day!

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Cheap is a prerequisite here ... Check the bay and fragrance net! It's low cost ... And interesting. Better reviews of it are online - more fanciful ones, anyway.

AA

This is one of the strangest, yet compelling fragrances I have ever encountered. Dark, brooding, gothic, powerful with a quite metallic, coppery, blood-like aspect, it is weird, enchanting, erotic and repellent all at once. Unique and divisive, I was never quite sure if I actually liked this one day to thinking it one of the all-time best another day, it is certainly one of the most intriguing, unusual and individualistic fragrances I have ever used.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Unique; is it not? :devil: The first blast is a wow; the drydown, even better!

A definite repurchase for me. I've added more popular things to the collection, but keep coming back to it.

AA

Top Bottom