What's new

"P" for "Pipe" / "P" for "PIF"

I'm in. I recently started smoking back in Sept/Oct and have drawn a number of friends into smoking pipes as well. On IPSD, I'll be gathering with some of them to sit and converse while we enjoy some of the tobaccos we've purchased over the last few months. I'm undecided, but half tempted to pick up one of the MacArthur cobs, stuff it as full of 'baccy as I can and see how many hours I can nurse it.

Congrats on your five years!

Last edited:
It's far and away the nicest pipe I've ever held in my hand and perhaps I'm afraid of
a careless moment with the lighter or something along those lines.
Also I forgot to thank Price for offering this great PIF so thanks!

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Sweet PIF and very generous! Also NOT IN because, well, I already have too many pipes. This is a good reminder that we need a few more PIFs in this forum. :wink2:

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
A straight saddle bit is my favorite stem for a bulldog. I have a Parker 73 that is just a little less squatty than this one. I don't reach for it as often as I should.

I'm not in, but thanks for the great PIF.

Congrats Price! Fantastic PIF and that Sav is a looker, but Not In. No specific plans for IPSD. Don't recall if we had a worldwide herf to bring in the new year, so perhaps we'll have an IPSD herf?

I am IN !!!! That is a good looking pipe, I have been checking out bulldog - Rhodesians lately because I have been wanting to experience a fun new pipe shape! Pipe day will find me on my patio with a coffee, enjoying the cool air and sipping a nice sweet aromatic in a pipe... while I ponder who knows what, and likely solve the worlds problems!!! :laugh:

Okay, here's the list so far:

1. Hruiz
2. doofus
3. DC_MPA
4. Landri
5. Doug57
6. AbbyW2
7. TexFlood
8. Donnchadh_Sempill
9. BigWil
10. needtoknow
11. Ace_Club
12. markymark01
13.Al_S
14. jazzguy
15. Luxem

I'll give it a couple more days and pick a winner on Sunday. Maybe during my halftime bowl. :laugh:

I didn't mention before, but the winner will be chosen by random.org. Everyone who is in gets an entry, bonus entries for active duty, vets, and contributors. (Pretty much my standard rules.)

Hello, this is a really great PIF. I am a total newbie, who haven't tried it yet (I am aware that a pipe is something personal, so did participate among those piping guys but just as the one who was enjoying the atmosphere) , but am willing to have some pipe smoke. This would be a great way of trying the pipe in the company of those who use pipes more often during the IPSD.

So, yes, I am in ;)

Im in, I have been dabbling trying to find the right kind of tobacco and cleaning up old estates! as of right now i have been dabbling with Drew Estates and plan on sitting and relaxing on 02/20 with that.

I am not in, but that is a wonderful pipe to give away. That has always been one of my favorite shapes, and I ended up selling all of mine a few years ago. One of these days I will get another but that will happen when it is meant to happen. Savinelli makes a great pipe and whoever wins it will be in for a real treat. A great pipe maker, a great shape, and a great Brown Leafer. How can anyone go wrong with all that?

I'm in. Very cool pipe man!
2 reasons I need to get in on this one...
- I only have 2 briars and have been thinking of getting a bulldog next. This Sav Bulldog is very cool!
- To have a bulldog previously owned be His Dudeness, would like super cool, man! It would like really tie my little pipe collection together, man!

FEB 20 is a Saturday this year, so if the weather cooperates, i expect i will be outside enjoying the outside... With a bowl or two of some Frog Morton Cellar...still one of my favorites!

I'm in. I haven't smoked a pipe in decades. I would love to pick it back up. I don't have anything right now.

Not in as I have no room at the inn!
Congrats on five years! Your contributions here are greatly appreciated!

I am in I have never even held a pipe but smoke cigarettes everyday and I have been wanting to switch from cigarettes to cigars or maybe a pipe so if I win this then maybe its destiny for me to try my hand at smoking a pipe if I win I will be enjoying smoking the pipe on feb 20th and if I don't win then I won't be unfortunately. Very cool pif!

Top Bottom