What's new

Our small b&b honing meet up

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
C'mon Jeremy, I offered you #69 from the Coticule vault. Apparently it wasn't to your liking, or any one else's...:mad3: Oh well. It's a purdy stone, I guess I'll have to hang on to it for a while longer. It was really good to get to sit down with David and see someone else hone in person. It was also fun to watch him keep picking up that 6x2 LPB. He did swipe a slurry stone that he gave to me. You have to watch out for that guy, he's an Indian giver. :lol:
Give a guy an ol preu les lat slurry stone and he calls you an Indian giver...that's just plain ol mean right there..

David

And neither of you will sell me/trade me one of your real prize cotis?
Jeremy there's a 5x2.5 LPB at TSS right now that I bet you is a KILLER stone. Only reason I haven't bought it yet is because I'm planning on pestering the hell out of Noel to sell me his before he leaves for Japan. He'll need some jnat spending money once he gets there.

You know we had a pretty good duck hunting thread started until you guys got started on those rocks.:lol:

Don't put too much stock in that cook time. It's going to vary a lot depending on how fatty and how endowed the duck was. A breast with a lot of fat could take closer to ten minutes skin side and then 1-2 on flesh for mid rare.

David

We stuck some banana peppers in between two fillets tonight and then wrapped them in bacon and grilled them. Simple, and very good.
Wish we'd got on some geese Noel...they're really good too.

David

You know we had a pretty good duck hunting thread started until you guys got started on those rocks.:lol:
Jim, I could talk about duck hunting all day long. Maybe next year we should just have a big meet at my buddies lodge in Stuttgart. It's 27,000 square feet. I think it could accommodate everyone on the honing forum.

We had a small B&B honing meet up yesterday in Arkansas. When I say small, I mean David and I got together for some opening day duck hunting and honing... I had a blast and want to publicly want to express my gratitude and show off how much of an awesome guy David is. He took me out for my first ever duck hunt, and it was quite a successful one I might add. Afterwards we showed off our rock collection and did a few hours of honing. Thanks again David, you're the man!

View attachment 522200View attachment 522202View attachment 522203View attachment 522208

Must be nice. You know Kentucky isn't that far away and I love duck hunting.

Jim, I could talk about duck hunting all day long. Maybe next year we should just have a big meet at my buddies lodge in Stuttgart. It's 27,000 square feet. I think it could accommodate everyone on the honing forum.

Good idea David. Set up an annual meet for us all. Muahahahahahahahahaha

David

[MENTION=80717]Kcnwea[/MENTION] how is Japan treating you? Aren't you coming back sometime this year?

Wow - exelent day .You guys are my age I was thinking you are a old school grandpas , he he eh e
Guys ho are you both in the big picture .
Realy nice hunt . I basicaly LOOOOVE fishing he he he e

Top Bottom