What's new

One & Done Club

Hi everyone!

Welcome to the One & Done Club!! This little spot here at B&B are for those that find that razor blades hit diminishing returns after one or two shaves.
I'm a daily head and face shaver so using a fresh blade everyday is something that gives me much enjoyment.

IMG_3176.jpg

Happy to be a charter member. I use Gillette Platinums from Bullgoose that are light blue and come in a box of 50. I have tried getting multiple shaves out of a blade and always come back to one and done.
Welcome!! I have Gillette Platinum's in the dark blue packaging. Have you tried both?

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Lol, you did it. (smile)

I tried pushing my DE blades to three shaves early, being instructed how I had poor technique that was causing the blades to dull too quickly.

That might well be true but try as I might, I’ve never been able to get through that third shave comfortably.

I’m a “two and done”. Smile

I'm in.

I'll use most DE blades for 1 or 2 shaves, and others like Wizamet SI maybe for 4 or 5 but that's about the max for me.

Life's too short to use a dull blade.

I've recently got into Artist Club blades and they last much longer, but of course, cost much more.

Well this made me laugh so hard, in best way possible!

I was a one and done blade guy, then I was told to try blades multiple times, I maxed out at 4, even with a Polsilver, which could of gone longer just because I don't want to deal with a dull blade!

I want a nice, sharp, fresh, smooth blade that is ready to go, not one where I have to me like "hopefully this dull blade lasts thru the shave" after all the nice prep done and thought process of razor selection and products to use.

I did go thru multiple blade use but am leaning towards going back to the ways of old (my old ways) one or two (maybe with exceptions) and thats it. I did make 4 my max but again this will be interesting to see.

I wonder if the multi use blade people are going to come around here.... 🤔

I was one and done for many years. For awhile been two and done but the second use is never as good as the first. Lately been pushing blades to four shaves with mixed results. I find better consistency with one and done shaves. Blade of choice is Gillette platinum dark blue with the ink jet lettering.

I was one and done for many years. For awhile been two and done but the second use is never as good as the first. Lately been pushing blades to four shaves with mixed results. I find better consistency with one and done shaves. Blade of choice is Gillette platinum dark blue with the ink jet lettering.
Welcome @Tathlum !

I do enjoy and look forward my daily shave. Consistent excellence is the best way I can describe what it feels like to use a fresh blade.
Gillette Platinum’s are in my top five for sure. I used them exclusively during the February one blade challenge. Of course all I signed up for was using the same blade type. I find that even that’s a challenge for me because their are so many blades I enjoy using. :)

Opened a tuck of Gillette Platinum's. Not quite as sharp as Feather's however they are miles ahead in terms of smoothness. Awesome shave!!

Friday April 28, 2023
Brush: Dogwood Handcrafts
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper Bowl
Lather: Southern Witchcrafts Autumn Ash
Razor: Henson +++
Blade: Gillette Platinum (1)
IMG_3184.jpg

I’m in. I’d been going 3 uses until I started tracking with an app and realized too many subpar shaves were on that third try. There are a couple of blades I’ve felt held up on the second shave (Wizamet, Nacet, German Personna) so I’ll go 2 and done sometimes if the mood strikes.

Top Bottom