What's new

Omega boar with short loft?

Hi,

Does anyone know if Omega has a boar brush which is small, and with a short loft? I only use soaps, so I'm looking for a small brush with a lot of backbone. Thanks.

Last edited:
Have a look at the 10029. It is a great little brush for the price. However, that price means a light weight handle. Shoeboxshaving.com

Another great small boar is the Semogue 620/1520. Vntagescents.com

West Coast Shaveing sells the same brush for $14.00. It is a beauty, with a great knot and solid acrylic handle. Buy two of them. Break them in and you will never need another brush. Well, OK for the next five or ten years.

This is a very nice brush one of my favorite brushes. It also comes with its own stand, nice bonus. My go to soap brush, very nice backbone.

http://www.shoeboxshaveshop.com/omega-81052--banded81052.html

Crom

Just a point on my post, I am not pushing one site over another was just posting an example. I have used many sites and I would say go here you like.

I did not buy my brush at shoeboxshaveshop, I think I got mine at penworks.

Last edited:
Wow, thanks for the info. I'm going to buy the 81052. I've also found another brush I'm going to buy, the Omega 21047, which is probably a bit small for daily use but makes a wonderful travel brush, and I think it fits in the Edwin Jagger tube containers (I'll confirm this once I get it).

Last edited:
I picked up a 80257 Omega from shoeboxshaveshop & I like it a lot. It comes with a stand as well, but no travel tube. I was pretty amazed at how soft it was. It's loft is maybe around 50 mm or so. It does well face lathering for me.

Or this #40033: http://www.shoeboxshaveshop.com/omega-40033.html, which has the same loft and wider knot. The handle on this one is REALLY tiny. I just got one and have been using it with a SCS shave stick for face lathering for the past week. Fairly soft tips for a new (unbroken in) boar and lots of backbone, if you do not mind the finger tip grip required due to the small handle. Great size for a travel brush.

Last edited:
Omega 21047 ?

Ht: 73 mm Loft: 43 mm Base: 30 mm Knot: 20 mm

Nice solid acrylic "veined jade"

Bought originally as a travel brush but still sees regular rotation.

proxy.php

Some available as mixed bristle, new ones as boar only. You'd have to check what Gary @ Shoeboxshave has in stock.

Last edited:
I love Omega boar brushes, here are three brushes that I feel fit what you are looking for. The 10029 pro, 10066 (10065) and 40033 all three have very good backbone and soft tips. The 40033 is my favorite Omega knot if they would put this knot in a better handle it would rate as one of the best boar brushes on the market IMHO.

I love Omega boar brushes, here are three brushes that I feel fit what you are looking for. The 10029 pro, 10066 (10065) and 40033 all three have very good backbone and soft tips. The 40033 is my favorite Omega knot if they would put this knot in a better handle it would rate as one of the best boar brushes on the market IMHO.

I did put my 40033 knot in a bigger handle - a Rudy Vey Eagle-style. Outstanding!

Top Bottom