What's new

Old Spice Mug

The glass mugs just had the logo and words painted on. I have several Old Spice mugs, both glass and ceramic. The ceramic ones all have the designs and words painted on under the glaze. The glass ones are all painted. Probably via some silkscreen type process.

It wouldn't be all that hard to scrap the paint off. It would take a little effort but wouldn't leave any marks unless you used something that actually gouged the glass. Why someone would remove the Old Spice words is open to lots of speculation. It could just be something as simple as the way the mugs was held in use or some loathing of the words Old Spice. Who knows, Old Spice may have had some demonic meaning to the previous owner. :confused1

I do not have any experience with old spice mugs besides owning an old spice coffee mug so this is just my opinion.

Red ink could possibly fade quicker than blue. It could have a little different composition. This is just a guess but I don't think this would be impossible.

The red old spice lettering DID fade. Here is a photo of a mug I acquired with the red Old Spice letters ALMOST gone. It's obviously the mug on the right. You will notice the mug on the left does not say Old Spice at all. They are both imprinted with Shulton on the underside of the mug.

Attachments

• $IMG_0644.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 58
  • $IMG_0646.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 56
Top Bottom