What's new

Old Spice aftershave from India?

Is this Old Spice worth the premium costs of buying it? I remember the Old Spice from the 1950's & it sure smelled great! :w00t:

I've got Old Spice Fresh Lime, Musk and Original from India
They are all good products made in India by Rubicon. They are in glass bottles instead of plastic
I can only compare the Original with anything else, but I prefer the scent of the Indian version to the scent of Old Spice Classic from either Germany or Canada.

It pays to shop around, some of the Indian sellers on eBay are offering good prices on the 150ml size bottles
As a rule, the higher the %age of positive feedback, the more reliable the seller
They're not the fastest creatures on the planet, but they always come up with the goods
But.......
Check the listing carefully to make sure you get a bottle with a stopper - unless you particularly want an atomizer

I only had one bad experience with a seller who is no longer selling Old Spice on eBay........
As I found out the hard way when I bought from the seller who sent me an atomizer of Musk instead of the one I ordered - if you believe an ad for Shulton Old Spice, you'll believe anything
I complained to the seller that her ad was fraudulent because the pic showed a stopper bottle of Shulton and she sent me an atomizer of Rubicon
She insulted my intelligence by replying that the name Shulton was bought by Procter & Gamble and is manufactured in India under the name of Rubicon
I re-iterated that the photo showed a completely different product to the one I received and that her listing was dishonest and fraudulent
I received no further reply, but my money was refunded on PayPal
All's well that ends well - in the end, the bottle of Old Spice Musk in my bathroom didn't cost me a cent !!

Moral....

Check that the photo matches the description, the product to look for looks like this and has the name Rubicon printed on the box
proxy.php

Be wary of ads for "Shulton" bottles that look like this.......
proxy.php

Any problems with the product, send the seller a message, if you get no joy, you can always open a case against them - The customer is always right in the eyes of eBay !!

Sometimes you can get lucky at auction too

I've never tried it, but if you want a great Old Spice scent cheap. Hit up you local thrift and antique shops for some Avon Spicy, its has a great scent, face feel, come in many different cool bottles and is usually dirt cheap $0.50-$5.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I've never tried it, but if you want a great Old Spice scent cheap. Hit up you local thrift and antique shops for some Avon Spicy, its has a great scent, face feel, come in many different cool bottles and is usually dirt cheap $0.50-$5.

Have to agree. Not a fan of Old Spice, but enjoy Spicy. Strange?

I ordered some Old Spice Lime on Ebay from India, I'm happy with the price and product I received. Just be prepared to wait a long time for it to arrive. :wheelchair:

The Shulton is all but gone. The License expired. All the new is the same old P&G Old Spice you can get here.

It's not cheap, but Barristers Reserve Spice is very similar to my vintage Shulton Old Spice splashes. When my vintage bottles of OS are gone, I'm sticking with Spice.

The Shulton is all but gone. The License expired. All the new is the same old P&G Old Spice you can get here.

False. Currently produced Rubicon OS Original from India is very different from currently produced P&G OS Classic sold in N. America, as has been discussed ad nauseam in various threads. I own both. The color is not even the same.

I like the rubicon from India alright. It's better scented than the P and G classic. The vintage Shulton is way better than either to me. I have not tried the Spicy from Barrister and Mann. I love their classic and will try spice next. It costs about the same as vintage Shulton on the bay, but boy does their reserve feel great.

Original Shulton Old Spice is still readily available on the auction sites, this version blows away any other, grab it while it is still available for soon it will all be gone...

FYI-Rubicon is P&G's Indian subsidiary. Take that for what you will. Your nose is your nose so YMMV. The formula may vary a bit from the American, but it is not the Shulton OS.

Top Bottom