What's new

Old Man Rant

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Thats what I've done, it works. I was more worried about any plastic parts but everything was fine. Pull the head and drop it into a cup of CLR so its fully submerged. It doesnt take long either and comes out like new.

I've done this several times to sink fixtures over the years with no harm to the finish. I just cleaned our SS tea kettle with CLR last week, again no harm to the finish. I suppose YMMV

John Elway had Dupuytrens. I’m not sure what he did, but I always assumed it was surgery.

Eating soup and cereal is always an adventure with the tremors. They show up when I start holding the spoon. At least, most of the soup goes in my mouth.

Dave Brubeck had Dupuytrens. Obviously he had a great hand doctor. I remember reading that he was taking massive doses of B6, but I haven't unpacked my Brubeck books from our December move to confirm. My sister-in-law's husband (my age) has it in one hand. A few years back, 3 of his fingers curled so bad he couldn't put his hand in his pocket. He had the injections, but relief via surgery or injections is only temporary. I'm lucky in that I have it in both hands, but mine has progressed much slower.

Thats what I've done, it works. I was more worried about any plastic parts but everything was fine. Pull the head and drop it into a cup of CLR so its fully submerged. It doesnt take long either and comes out like new.
On the schedule for Friday night.

I ran into a similar experience years ago at a Burger King. Meal cost was $5 and some change. I gave the cashier a $10 bill to which handed me $14 and some change. I told her she had made a mistake. She became arrogant and pointed to the cash register display which showed change of $14 and some change. She said, "I did not! See?" I decided it wasn't north arguing over! Today's generation can't make change without the automated cash register.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I ran into a similar experience years ago at a Burger King. Meal cost was $5 and some change. I gave the cashier a $10 bill to which handed me $14 and some change. I told her she had made a mistake. She became arrogant and pointed to the cash register display which showed change of $14 and some change. She said, "I did not! See?" I decided it wasn't north arguing over! Today's generation can't make change without the automated cash register.
Yes, ya can't fix stupid. The best thing you can do with it is to either put it out of your misery, or not be around when it self corrects.

I once got kicked off a charity blackjack for telling the dealer he was counting wrong and it was in my favor. Had it been Vegas I would have kept my mouth shut, but I didn’t need to steal from the bantam hockey team.

WhenATM machines first came out, my banks ATM gave me four twenties instead of three. I went inside and waited in line to tell the teller what happened and to give the $20 back. She thought I was nuts and wouldn’t take the twenty. I finally decided I had tried and put the $20 in my pocket and left.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Remember the cash registers with the metal shoot that would eject the coin change at you. I hated those things.

I working a liquor store and some train remember was to not engage in discussions about the amount or change after you punched the numbers in and entered the amount rendered. Sort of a possible flim flam where a person offers the change to possibly confuse the cashier. Clearly not in your case they clearly entered the wrong amount.

One guy who worked with us would hit the 25 cent employee soda button for a sale and he was pocketing the cash. There would be a long line of guys who would buy a case of beer with exact change. This was before inventory scanners and he apparently knew the management would never read the cashier roll to see the tape. He would work for a few hours during the rush and then go home “sick” I thought he had health problems and didn’t know he was robbing the place blind.

Come on, she obviously didn't realize you'd given her a ten and not a twenty.
Don't be that guy.

Yeah, just wait till they replace all the punk kids with computer kiosks. Then it will spit out a nickel for your change of $10 - and they'll be no one to complain to.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
It's hard to overcome the aversion to making a mistake, particularly when you're young. It's much easier, at least for me, to own up to my tendency to err as I grow less hair on top of my head and more hair in my ears.

We spend most of our lives trying, above all else, to not look foolish. Then one day we wake up, look in the mirror, and see something like this ...

1612896834602.png

Now we know that "foolish" is about the best we can look from here on out.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
A neighbor installed some funky outdoor lightbulbs that give off a fire flicker effect. It’s extremely annoying. Query
Am I justified in shooting them out?
Maybe just a BB gun 🤣

I won’t do the automated ones. The company saves money by not paying an employee. But they don’t pass the savings to the customer.
Which is my point too. And why I still mail bills with stamps. I don't need any more nozzles attached to my bank account, and paying automatically or online is not saving me any appreciable amount of money (.55 per bill? Pffft) or time (I have very few bills to write checks for).

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Water board are now going to dig the road up on the 25th. Guess what, I wont need to be at home 🤔
Right. So you are not there to notice they don’t come lol 😂
Which is my point too. And why I still mail bills with stamps. I don't need any more nozzles attached to my bank account, and paying automatically or online is not saving me any appreciable amount of money (.55 per bill? Pffft) or time (I have very few bills to write checks for).
I still like stamps

Top Bottom