What's new

Ohzuku

While Gamma has never classified himself an expert, I've learned more from that cat than from any other JNat information source. While I have done my due diligence, reading and researching all things Jnat, Gamma and Takeshi have basically filled in the gaps for me, and continue to do so. It's great to be able to ask a question without getting a healthy dose of bravado and ego in return. There are great sources of information here and elsewhere if you are willing to accept and encourage the exchange of ideas. I know, easier said than done, but we can still hope.

he's never failed to take the time to share his experience and knowledge with even an annoying beginner like myself, and I'm grateful for his presence here, and so many others'. I can't count how many of KJ's posts (and those of other experienced honers) that I've printed off to help me along this most interesting and fulfilling journey... I've got a LOONG way to go, but if it weren't for the willingness of so many to share their wisdom, experience and opinions I'd be far more lost and still intimidated - especially by the japanese stones.

so, many thanks!

I second that, Gamma is the MAN

you got a bit of Mojo yourself my friend, and thanks for all of your advice, input and generosity of time etc. :)

"In the beginner's mind, there are many possibilities;
in the expert's mind, there are few'

....Suzuki Roshi

indeed, as in most pursuits, the road often narrows. though there are so many variables in this particular obsession, I'm looking forward to the process of 'figuring' out the characteristics of many stones, and different steels upon them, for years, maybe decades to come! I hpe I never become an 'expert" - I'm certainly in no danger of it any time soon! LOL

i concur...

you're aiight too Paco! :)
LOL

Last edited:

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
The proof of the expert is in the edge. If you can get a nice edge off your stone you are an expert in my book :).

Top Bottom