What's new

OCtober 2014

I'll get in on this too, sounds like fun! (I decided not to do RazoRocktober because I already used RazoRock soaps almost exclusively all summer. Time to change things up.)
I currently have three OCs: two FaTips (Piccolo and Retro Grande) and the Ikon Deluxe OC. Maybe this is the excuse I need to add something else to the rotation...

I will participate as well. I week be using the following ;
1 Razorock Jaws Hammer
2 Walter Rosenberg - New LC
3 Uncle Bob - New LC
4 Ever Ready 1912
5 Gem MMOC
6 Gillette Old Type
7 Gillette Goodwill
A different razor for each day of the week. Photos to follow when I get home.

I'm still a newb, and don't yet have an OC, but you can bet I'm gonna get one in time for October! And if She complains at yet another razor purchase - I can just blame you guys!

I have two OC razors so I'm IN. They are a New LC and what I think is a Old Type copy, it could be a Gillette but not sure. The Old Type is in terrible condition but paired with a Feather it gives very close irritation free shaves.

I'll try and post pictures sometime.

Count me in.
$IMG_20140723_151413.jpg
Gillette New Short Comb

Count me in, I have ordered a Cadet Open Comb and will hopefully get it before the start of OCtober. But if all else fails I have my Gillette Canadian New, though it is a bit too lightweight for my tastes which is why I decided to purchase the Cadet.

We are up to 31.

No.NameRazor(s)Notes
1Shutterbug57
2nuclearblast
3Guru17
4KQY61
5Cornishman
6Pepin
7Mormon Bridge
8Malintyne
9jim9112
10MrSpeedy
11Nick_O
12skip
13engblom
14rp_63
15Galaktus
16Laird
17alaskazimm
18Clubman4Life
19davidsilva
20Ollie4ISU
21thinBLUEline89
22briggs
23Marine Dad
24gwsmallwood
25TheDeadlyBulb
26Roderick
27KenGriffith45
28Uncli Brian
29countrydirt
30chgruver
31TobyC

Add me to the roster. I'm new at this DE stuff, bought a couple of OCs I haven't used yet, so what better time to get started.

I'm in! I only have one OC razor, and that is my FaTip Grande in nickel. I only use Personna Lab blades in it, but what the heck! I'll rotate through blades and see if I can work on perfecting my technique. I'll likely start with the Personna Lab since I haven't used it since last it came up in rotation, and still have a few to cycle through.

For those of you that own a 1937 Gillette Sheraton, I'm truly envious. My father was born in 1937, and I've tried several times to get one. I'm either sniped, or it's in such bad shape, it's not worth it. I'm really hoping that one day I'll find one in great shape, and I'll finally have that razor that rounds out my collection.

I am interested in getting in on this as well. I have many OC's but have not used some of them yet. Looks like this will be the perfect time.

Last edited:
Less than 2 weeks left gentlemen. Are you ready? Post your OCs.

My rotation, though not necessarily in this order
1918 Single Ring, Canadian Smooth Ball Pocket Edition, 1920s Gold Pocket Edition, 30s New SC, 30s New LC, 37 Sheraton, and Modern Cadet TP-30B
$20140918_131110[1].jpg

I'm in for sure.
My razor rotation will be some combination of the following, which I've put in order of preference:

Handles-
UFO Colibri
ATT Atlas
iKon Tuckaway
iKon Bulldog II

OC Heads-
English Gillette Twin Pin Flat Bottom NEW LC
US Gillette Stripped NEW LC
iKon DLC Deluxe OC
US Gillette Nickel Plated NEW LC
Gillette Old Type
$IMG_1456.jpg
I look forward to seeing all the great SOTD pics :thumbup1:

Last edited:
I will be using at least the following:

1934 Aristocrat
Sheraton
Senator
ATT R2
NEW SC
NEW LC
GEM MMOC
GEM 1912 Damaskeene
Ever-ready 1912
Old Type/ATT handle
Lunawerk

Here is my list to pick from:
Old Type: double ring 2 single rings, 3 ball ends, 3 abc pockets)
New: Norfolk Chrome LC
TTOs: 34' US Aristocrat, British #15

Last edited:
Top Bottom