What's new

Oakland County, Michigan

A few days ago I spotted a revamped shopping plaza with a Plum Market and Churchill's Cigar Bar in it and resolved to come back and investigate when I had the chance. Up 'till now I hadn't found much in the way of retail shaving software beyond the drugstore aftershaves hereabouts.

Today I found myself back in the neighborhood (West Bloomfield at Maple and Orchard Lake Roads) and stopped to look in. First stop was the cigar bar. Upon inquiring I was shown shelves of Truefitt & Hill, Muehle and Art of Shaving Products on display behind the bar. They seemed to have a good variety of those brands, a collection of upper level (very nice looking) brushes (mostly T&H apparently) a few AoS Mach III handles and a couple of new straight razors on display. These were on the far wall behind the bar so I couldn't really examine things closely without having them pulled, but it gave me an impression of what they had. I believe the man who helped me said that they'd be getting more products in over the next few weeks. They've apparently only been open for six weeks or so. He says they're going to have a barber who gives straight razor shaves in the store starting next week(!)

I explained my role as investigator for B&B :smile: and suggested that he give the forum a visit.

Moving on to Plum Market, I found an amazing array of shaving creams and aftershave stuff:

- Kiss My Face products
- Tom's of Maine (I picked up their last tube of shave cream).
- Art of Shaving (including their four 4 Elements kits plus one for ingrowns)
- Lucky Tiger products (including aftershave, shave cream and brushless Mollé
- Burt's Bees products
- Herban Cowboy Dusk shave soap
- Anthony Sport for Men shave cream
- Provence Santé (shave soap and a badger brush as well as aftershave and cologne)
- Avalon Organics shave cream
- Weleda shave cream
- Nature's Gate shave gel
- Dr. Bronner's Magic Shaving Soap Gel
- Alba Cream Shave

For several of the products they had a "tester" bottle labeled for sampling from.

Anyhow, I was impressed. Don't look for amazing bargains in these places, but sometimes it's nice to be able to see (and smell) the product before the purchase.

- Chris

Last edited:
You have an address? Or do I just goggle "Plum Market and Churchill's Cigar Bar"

Thanks

I am at Maple and telegraph

Had to double take this thread title, caught me off guard :)

IIRC the original Churchill's is on old woodward in Birmingham.

Good find!

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
You have an address? Or do I just goggle "Plum Market and Churchill's Cigar Bar"

Thanks

I am at Maple and telegraph

Go West young man, Maple & Orchard Lake as per Chris

There was a Churchill's also at about 12 & Telegraph, but maybe that one has moved? Nice folks,

Top Bottom