What's new

Novice cigar smoker

I have been smoking cigars for a long time. I usually just pick a middle of road to a low end cigar and smoke it but now that i have started paying attention to the right way to do things. Due to my getting in to straight razor shaving. I need some advice on a few cigars to try.

These guys speak the truth. AFuente Double chateau Maduros are my default. If you can find a good price, I also love almost anything by Cohiba. I keep a stash of Cohiba red dots and will smoke one occasionally.

I'm fairly new to good Real cigars, and I had the La Gloria Cubana Serie N suggested to me. I personally love it, not too heavy, not to light. and they sell in several sizes if you wanna try if for cheap before diving in.

The AF guys are spot on!! Can't go wrong with that suggestion!! And as kind of an 'old school' guy (in some respects), Padron cigars are extremely well made, come in just about every size known to man and are very fairly priced!

Tatuaje
My Father
Drew Estates - Herrera Esteli, Liga Pravada T52, (there are other from DE I like but the rarity of the cigars raise their cost quite a bit)

second choices
Ambos Mundos, surrogates
San Cristobal
Nica Rustica

The aforementioned Fuentes are very reliable, hard to go wrong. I'd also go for Padron, both natural and maduro (not one of the anniversary series). Pick a size you like. Perdomo 10th anniversary cigars are good, as are the Lot 23s. Give Oliva series O, G, or V a try. Can you tell I like Nicaraguan cigars? Seriously, it's hard to go wrong with any of these, and they won't break the bank.

mswofford

Rest in Peace
Fuentes are always good but the longer I smoked, the better I liked Padron. The regular line is excellent, rich and very reasonably priced for a premuim, handmade cigar. They have their own website.

Tatuaje
My Father
Drew Estates - Herrera Esteli, Liga Pravada T52, (there are other from DE I like but the rarity of the cigars raise their cost quite a bit)

second choices
Ambos Mundos, surrogates
San Cristobal
Nica Rustica

+ 1 for these choices

some others on top of these

La Palina
Illusione

Thanks guys i wilk probally go down the line but it looks like i will be try a fuentes perfecto first since i love the perfecto for its smoke time and old fashioned feel

Welcome to the wonderful world of the cigar smoker. As the name implies, I spend a lot of time on the golf course. The best reason I know for golfing is the long leisurely smoke that goes along with it. I prefer a 60 ring gauge as it lasts about 9 holes or so. I enjoy Diesel, Rocky Patel and some of the Gurkhas. Just a friendly hint, If no one has let you in on the secret, the best place I have found for good cigars at reasonable prices is Cigarbid.com. You have to place a lot of bids to win at a decent price, but it is worth it.

Welcome to the wonderful world of the cigar smoker. As the name implies, I spend a lot of time on the golf course. The best reason I know for golfing is the long leisurely smoke that goes along with it. I prefer a 60 ring gauge as it lasts about 9 holes or so. I enjoy Diesel, Rocky Patel and some of the Gurkhas. Just a friendly hint, If no one has let you in on the secret, the best place I have found for good cigars at reasonable prices is Cigarbid.com. You have to place a lot of bids to win at a decent price, but it is worth it.
That's just mean, sending a noob to c-bid. He's gonna have 500 sticks with no place to put them, then we'll have an emergency "how do I make an igloodore?!" thread.

Welcome to the world of Cigars.....I have found everyone has their own tastes, but I have two custom humidors and smoke Padron 1964 Anniversary Maduro's, Padron Family Reserve #46 Maduro, Liga Privada #9, Liga Privada T52, Roma Craft Intemperance Envy, Roma Craft Aquitaine EMH, Montecristo Media Noche, My Father Le Bijou 1922's, Tatuaje Reserva, and several different Cubans.......So enjoy and have a good one.

Welcome to the world of Cigars.....I have found everyone has their own tastes, but I have two custom humidors and smoke Padron 1964 Anniversary Maduro's, Padron Family Reserve #46 Maduro, Liga Privada #9, Liga Privada T52, Roma Craft Intemperance Envy, Roma Craft Aquitaine EMH, Montecristo Media Noche, My Father Le Bijou 1922's, Tatuaje Reserva, and several different Cubans.......So enjoy and have a good one.

^ Exactly! And your line up of cigars shows some great taste IMHO! Very nice selections!

Great tastes there! Lots of those are also my favorites and in my humidors as well.

Top Bottom