What's new

Notched Super Speed in a paper box

Can this one be certainly dated to 1948 (presuming the razor is original to the box)? Or did they do some in '49 (IIRC, the red/clear styrene case debuted in '49, though I'm not certain that once the change was made, all of them came that way. Anyone?

Did you just score that one? Looks like a nice original set!

Might be interesting to see what the blades have for date codes?

Did you just score that one? Looks like a nice original set!

Might be interesting to see what the blades have for date codes?

Was thinking the same, but TBH, I'm not even sure there are any blades in it :001_cool:. I'll check when it gets here (yes, auction closed tonight).

The case is a 1948 version and I expect the razor is as well. I see the blade dispenser has some blades in it. It's at least the right color.

Len

This might help...

early 1948 ad: no notch and illustration of hand pulling out blade
proxy.php

and later in 1948 in December: with notch and illustration of sliding the blade on to the guard.
proxy.php

Yep, definitely a '48 case. I recently sold one just like it. Would be a bonus (although a mismatch) if you receive a nice '47 SS. Nice set either way!

Yep, definitely a '48 case. I recently sold one just like it. Would be a bonus (although a mismatch) if you receive a nice '47 SS. Nice set either way!
Yep, been kicking myself for not buying yours, that's why I went after this one! :laugh: (Actually hoping for a '48, which if un notched and un dated I will assume it is, I already have a sweet pair of '47's, though not boxed).
+1.

I could look at old shaving ads all day!
Me too, many thanks to e sinker for posting them!

Top Bottom