What's new

Not so Newbie checking in

Hello All,
I've been wet shaving on and off for about 27 years,but only really started paying attention to getting a great shave a few years ago. I actually got a Merkur HD for christmas when I was 18 those many years ago.
Anyway, I've been attempting to shave with a straight razor for the past 3 and a half months. It's only been in the last few weeks that I've gotten the hang of it. So, I've decided to attempt to only shave with a straight and to set a time limit of 30 minutes. So far so good as I haven't been late to work yet. Although my wife and son it seems are always trying to get in the bathroom at the least opportune times! This is usually when I'm shaving my chin or lower lip, ouch!
I'm going to post some shaving stuff I don't need anymore, both DE and straight stuff.
Best Regards,
Red

Red,

Welcome aboard. Not matter the level of shaving experience, there is always something to learn or discover on B&B.

Daniel

Welcome to B&B, Red!

I haven't timed my shaves... but, I can't imagine having to deal with "shavus interruptus"! :rolleyes: :biggrin:

See you around the board!

Tchau,
chop-chop

Red,

Welcome to B&B. I don't know your beard type, but have you considered shaving at night? I've switched over and love the ample amount of time that it offers.

Randy

I take up to half an hour with a straight every morning, just get up earlier! My Dad always says " a Frenchman can go to bed at 4, but it takes an Englishman to get up at 5!"

I take up to half an hour with a straight every morning, just get up earlier! My Dad always says " a Frenchman can go to bed at 4, but it takes an Englishman to get up at 5!"

Heh. It's funny - with the work I do as a graduate assisstant I need to lean to the English work ethic, but sadly my musicianly tendencies keep trying to get me to act like a Spaniard, or worse yet, an Italian. :wink: You know, dinner at 10 pm, followed by drinking, followed by getting out of bed at about 9 or 10 am and add a siesta in the afternoon. :biggrin:

Top Bottom