What's new

Forum Newbie, Shaving Oldie

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Welcome to B&B. When you get a chance head over to the Hall of Fame and tell us a little about yourself.

Welcome. Enjoy. It's a great forum. Unfortunately, I didn't find this forum until I was in my 60s, with a hand tremor. If I had found it 20 years earlier, I would have loved getting into straight shaving.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Hello all, I recently joined the forum after learning about its existence from a friend of mine. I've greatly missed the camaraderie and general vibe that classic forums offer and it seems to be in fully supply here.

I've been a DE shaver for about 10 years and quite enjoy it. I currently use an Edwin Jagger razor I purchased from Amazon when I started DE shaving...I expect that will change soon after I spend some time in the marketplace. I particularly enjoy Derby Premium razor blades, but Gillette Nacets are also fantastic. I recently upgraded to a Yaqui brush and it feels like velvet on my face. It's lovely.

I've tried a shavette before...wasn't a big fan. I'd like to get into proper straight razor shaving at some point, but one thing at a time I suppose.

That's my shaving story in a nutshell. I'm excited to be here and learn even more about shaving.

If you're pleased with what you're using and your shaves you don't have to do anything else.

On the other hand...

BOSC.2.All experiments are encouraged.jpg

Welcome and happy shaves,

Jim

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
I've been a DE shaver for about 10 years and quite enjoy it. I currently use an Edwin Jagger razor I purchased from Amazon when I started DE shaving...I expect that will change soon after I spend some time in the marketplace. I particularly enjoy Derby Premium razor blades, but Gillette Nacets are also fantastic. I recently upgraded to a Yaqui brush and it feels like velvet on my face. It's lovely.
Welcome to B&B @johnottavio!

If you begin to think you are falling down a rabbit hole
Rabbit_Hole.png
just remember
enablers.jpg
enablersrus.png

~doug~

Hello all, I recently joined the forum after learning about its existence from a friend of mine. I've greatly missed the camaraderie and general vibe that classic forums offer and it seems to be in fully supply here.

I've tried a shavette before...wasn't a big fan. I'd like to get into proper straight razor shaving at some point, but one thing at a time I suppose.

That's my shaving story in a nutshell. I'm excited to be here and learn even more about shaving.
Welcome aboard!!!! I am new as well and already learning what a great bunch of folks we have here. By the way, I am a big fan of the Nacet blade as well. One of my “go to” blades.
I recently started straight razor shaving a few weeks ago after a long history with the DE as well. A completely different feel, but I am loving it. Still making plenty of mistakes, but I am determined to stay with it. Each shave gets a little better……
I tried the shavette about a year ago and did not like it at all. My BOKER and DOVO straights are more user friendly for sure.
Good luck and see you around.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"

Sorry for the late welcome! Make yourself at ease here.

Welcome! And using the same razor for the last 10 years more or less? If so I applaude you. I have been into DE shaving for roughly 4 months and RAD is already building up in me!! I am currently using a KCG and was eyeing the Rocca - what a razor! But not a beginners razor as far as the reviews tell me.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand

Welcome to Badger & Blade! :) Love your profile pic BTW!

I can tell you one thing, I aint bringing a straight razor anywhere near my face or neck, I would never trust myself with one, one mistake, and you instantly become Frankenstein's monster lol. DE shaving is as far as I am willing to go, and its good enough.

Once you become proficient with the DE, you can get BBS shaves in no time. And me being a total beginner with only a couple of DE shaves under my belt, I've already achieve somewhat of BBS shaves. :)

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.

Once you become proficient with the DE, you can get BBS shaves in no time. And me being a total beginner with only a couple of DE shaves under my belt, I've already achieve somewhat of BBS shaves. :)

I've been doing this for a few minutes but I wouldn't say I can get BBS shaves. Usually I don't. BBS shaves are very expensive in my experience.

I can tell you one thing, I ain't bringing a straight razor anywhere near my face or neck, I would never trust myself with one, one mistake, and you instantly become Frankenstein's monster. DE shaving is as far as I am willing to go, and it's good enough.

I'd used a straight back in my college youth to my extreme disadvantage and thought the same thing, but thing's changed. I went way down the straight razor rabbit hole for a year or two. I learned the straights aren't throat-cutters, etc. They were when I didn't know how to use them, but now learning 'em is very possible.

Don't forget about the single edged razors such as the AC platform razors and the injectors.

Now I'm back to just using the DE platform but who knows what will happen?

Happy shaves,

Jim

I can tell you one thing, I aint bringing a straight razor anywhere near my face or neck, I would never trust myself with one, one mistake, and you instantly become Frankenstein's monster lol. DE shaving is as far as I am willing to go, and its good enough.

SWCT, I see your comment about not bringing a straight razor near your neck…….All I can say is, “never say never my friend” that rabbit hole is long and winding….And fun too!

Welcome aboard!!!! I am new as well and already learning what a great bunch of folks we have here. By the way, I am a big fan of the Nacet blade as well. One of my “go to” blades.
I recently started straight razor shaving a few weeks ago after a long history with the DE as well. A completely different feel, but I am loving it. Still making plenty of mistakes, but I am determined to stay with it. Each shave gets a little better……
I tried the shavette about a year ago and did not like it at all. My BOKER and DOVO straights are more user friendly for sure.
Good luck and see you around.
I like the Nacets a lot too, my friend turned me on to them. Really good blade with my DE89

Top Bottom