What's new

Noob in the Motor City

Earlier in the year I switched to using Cremo Cooling and it opened my eyes to better shaving products. It made a chore enjoyable and started my day right. In July in was down to my last Fusion cartridge and started to investigate DE razors. After purchasing some starter gear, I have become a wet shaving addict!

I have now been using a 34C, Gillette 40's SS, and an X3 to try different razor styles from classic to vintage. I think I like the vintage the best, but I am still trying to perfect my technique. The close shaves are the best and I did not know what I was missing using cartridges.

For a brush, I use the popular Perfecto Badger from Amazon and have been happy after the initial break in process. My weakness has been soaps. I love trying different ones and now have about ten. I have Arko to RR Dead Sea in the den. I really like the sent of PAA #9. So much for the saving money part of DE shaving. I guess soap is needed for either carts or DE blades, but I never paid much attention in the past. Now I want to try everything! I have put purchases on hold until I use some of the soaps up otherwise I will run out of space and money! At least it is a good clean hobby.

I have been using this forum for recommendations and enjoy reading the comments. I look forward to everyone's posts.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Welcome Steve!
I too am attempting to slow down on acquiring more shaving stuff.....but.....I am not ruling out buying a Gillette H2 from 1962. If I can slip it past the War Dept.....

Welcome to the Club! Have fun on your shaving adventure. Check out the soap forum to find out all about the great soaps out there.

Top Bottom