What's new

Noob Check In

Hello everyone. I have been wet shaving for about 3 years using solely a Van Der Hagen grocery store razor and the refill pucks that my kids got me as a stocking stuffer. The moment I got that razor and started to be nick free, I fell in love with it. It wasn't until a few months ago that I started looking into different razors and soaps since my razor TTO mechanism started binding. I have done a lot of research and purchased quiet a few razors the past few months all thanks to google and this site. I figured since I learned so much from this forum, I might as well join it.

I tried a Gillette Nacet blade yesterday and it gave me quiet a bit of irritation so I used a Merkur 23C with a 7 O clock Super Platinum blade today. It is becoming the blade I go back to when new blades don't work out!

Welcome.
I love the Nacet blades but everyone is different. Glade you're getting away from the Walmart Razor. Have you been trying any other soaps yet? So many great soaps are just a mouse click away.

Yea, my first soap after Van Der Hagen was a "Lather and Wood" Sandlewood soap that blew my mind. That's what made me start looking at this site and Youtube for soap recommendations. Since then, I've tried PAA's Gondolier and then tried Stirling's Barbershop. I loved the Barbershop scent/slickness/post shave so much that I went down the Stirling's rabbit hole. I have about 18 Stirling soaps now including their balms. I'm stationed in Alaska so I cant order any of the splashes unfortunately.

Hmmmmmmm, "... purchased quiet a few razors the past few months all thanks to google and this site."

We'ld rather not share any of the glorious RAD responsibility with Google.

Good to have you here. Welcome!

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
@TheDude48, welcome to B&B. Whatever you do, don't do this:

Top Bottom