What's new

Non-Fluoride Toothpaste

Is anyone going the no fluoride route with their toothpaste with good results? I have no dental issues and do the recommended cleanings every six months. My only gripe with the all natural non-fluoride toothpastes I've tried is that my mouth doesn't feel particularly clean afterwards. I'd like to eliminate fluoride altogether, even though brushing for two minutes twice a day is safe. Any recommendations?

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Is anyone going the no fluoride route with their toothpaste with good results? I have no dental issues and do the recommended cleanings every six months. My only gripe with the all natural non-fluoride toothpastes I've tried is that my mouth doesn't feel particularly clean afterwards. I'd like to eliminate fluoride altogether, even though brushing for two minutes twice a day is safe. Any recommendations?
Earthpaste is good although it doesn't feel quite as clean as crest

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Softened well water in my house, as of about August 1st. Totally changed how stuff lathers, obviously. I use a non fluoride toothpaste, when I use toothpaste. I bought some tooth cleaning tools years ago, and clean my own teeth between visits. The hygienist is always impressed by how little she has to work to clean my teeth.

I read somewhere years ago that said flossing your teeth adds 2 years to your life expectancy.

Two more years in the old folks home!

Tom's Of Maine & baking soda formed into a paste. Check with your dentist before using non fluoride tooth paste to see what he thinks about it.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Never thought of non fluoride toothpaste. We have fluoride in our water supplied by the local council. We have always used fluoride toothpaste. Might have to do some research on this.

I just changed the type of fluoride in my toothpaste. Most pastes use a sodium fluoride which is cheap to make and also breaks down quickly in the tube to create minerals that quickly absorb into the body and really have little benefit for your teeth.

I use a Stannous Fluoride, or Tin based fluoride which is more stable in storage, It's a naturally occurring mineral, and it's been shown to reduce acid etching far more than sodium fluoride, it is less likely to absorb into your body, and it has antimicrobial effects to help with gingivitis,

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I just changed the type of fluoride in my toothpaste. Most pastes use a sodium fluoride which is cheap to make and also breaks down quickly in the tube to create minerals that quickly absorb into the body and really have little benefit for your teeth.

I use a Stannous Fluoride, or Tin based fluoride which is more stable in storage, It's a naturally occurring mineral, and it's been shown to reduce acid etching far more than sodium fluoride, it is less likely to absorb into your body, and it has antimicrobial effects to help with gingivitis,
Smart.

Try this.
FA96C31A-05C9-4826-B2ED-8D5244447C17.jpeg

I use Biorepair, which is a European brand. It is calcium, rather than flouride based, and is supposed to be more effective.

I've tried various toothpastes over the years, but always return to Crest. My mouth just feels cleaner. I'm old and have had bad teeth since I was a kid in the 50's, probably because we ate a lot of sugar and didn't have fluoride in the water. Been on well water for almost 20 years, so some fluoride in my toothpaste can't hurt. What about SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulfate )? If you want to be even more paranoid, shouldn't you be looking to eliminate all SLS products. I hear that stuff is worse than fluoride.

I got rid of the poison decades ago...I use tooth powders or non fluoride toothpaste from Trader Joe's , which is just as nice as Tom's at half the price....

I use some DIY blends from time to time, otherwise I just go without paste. My Third Eye is blaring :yinyang:

Flossing and rinsing are key of course. I haven't tried this product but it might help the OP and I'm a fan of the guy's YT channel so he gets a plug :smile1:

Top Bottom