What's new

Nobel Preis razor

Hi all!

Does anyone here have any info on Nobel Preis razors?
I have a razor marked "Nobel Preis 104 Anatole France" on the front of the tang, and "Garantie Solingen" on the back of the tang, and on the face it is beautifully etched with the words "Nobel Price".
Anatole France received the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1921, so is this the knife from 1921 or could the knife be a modern commemorative edition? IMG_1684.jpeg

I have seen a number of the Nobel Prise razors over the years, I always guessed they were from 50s/60s. Some maybe earlier. Seems plausible that they were commemorative collectibles and manufactured after the awards were issued. I couple that I have seen were victims of cell rot, so that's something to be aware of and prepared for.

I have seen a number of the Nobel Prise razors over the years, I always guessed they were from 50s/60s. Some maybe earlier. Seems plausible that they were commemorative collectibles and manufactured after the awards were issued. I couple that I have seen were victims of cell rot, so that's something to be aware of and prepared for.
I have searched the net for information on Nobel Preis razors but I can't find anything.
Btw, what do you mean by "cell rot"?
We do read English here in Sweden, but I don't understand everything LOL ;)

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I have searched the net for information on Nobel Preis razors but I can't find anything.
I believe cell rot is a gradual chemical deterioration of celluloid scales, whereby they emit a gas which can cause rust on the blade, and even on other razors or metallic objects if they are stored in close proximity, especially in a confined space. As far as I know there is no remedy for it other than to replace the scales.

If you google search for cell rot or scale rot or celluloid outgassing you’ll probable get well over a dozen hits. Maybe try the B&B search engine too.
Basically, the pladtic breaks down, creating an acid that dedtroys the blade.

If you google search for cell rot or scale rot or celluloid outgassing you’ll probable get well over a dozen hits. Maybe try the B&B search engine too.
Basically, the pladtic breaks down, creating an acid that dedtroys the blade.
Thanks, I understand :)

Top Bottom