What's new

H. LANGENBRUCH Merscheid - Solingen Straight Razor

Hi All,

Apologies if I am posting this in the wrong thread.

Whilst sorting my late Grandfathers possessions we came across this Straight Razor with the following markings:

S07?
A 3 ring Target
H. LANGENBRUCH & Co
MERSCHEID - SOLINGEN

After a few hours of Googling the most I can find is an extract from the book "GERMAN RAZOR AND POCKET KNIFE MAKERS" by John Walter.

"• Colonius & Langenbruch GmbH. Solingen-Merscheid. Brand name: 'Tim'."

Has anyone heard of this brand before? Could you give me a rough estimate of when it could have been made?

I'm really trying to find out if it was my Grandfathers or Great-Grandfathers.

Many thanks in advance.
20220314_110501.jpg
20220314_110511.jpg

I suggest you check with the guys on the straight razor forums.

In your shoes I would restore it. It is great to be able to use a family heirloom!

Haven't found much more on the maker than you already did. But since the writing on the tang clearly says Merscheid-Solingen the razor would have been made before 1929. In 1929 the small town Mescheid was incorporated to Solingen, so from that time the reading was Solingen-Merscheid.
Regards Peter

Hi Peter,

Thanks very much. Grandad was born in 1935 so it could be his father's. I'll send a picture around the family to see if anyone else recognises it.

Although it could have been his as he travelled around Germany and Austria a lot and could have picked it up at a flea market!

Again, thanks for your response. When I have time I'll try my hand at restoring it.

Top Bottom