What's new

No Shave November

Has anyone else continued to grow there beard after Dec. 1st? I'm still going strong! (Although I do miss shaving.)

Nice, glad to hear you're still going! For me it's been over 20 years since I've been without some sort of beard.

I opted for a mustache this year instead of the full beard and I've still got it. Trying to decide if I want to keep it solo or grow a beard to match.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I did everything arse backwards as usual :D

I went until the end of October with a full beard, and then started shaving everything that wasn't my handlebarred goatee. I continued this after November, and so am partially shaven and partially bearded. The best of both worlds :D

I've been sporting the beard for about a year and a half, now. I let the 'stache grow out to handlebar length this summer, so for Movember, I tried separating it from the beard. I think it's called a Verdi Beard. Didn't like it, so now I'm back to the beard and epic 'stache combo again.

I decided to go with a full beard and stache this year, so no shave November never really applied to me. I think i'm going to keep it going strong for another year or so. For those of you that sport the full beard look, do you usually trim it every now and then as a grooming method, or let it grow wild?

I decided to go with a full beard and stache this year, so no shave November never really applied to me. I think i'm going to keep it going strong for another year or so. For those of you that sport the full beard look, do you usually trim it every now and then as a grooming method, or let it grow wild?
It really depends on what your plans are for your beard. If you really want to go for a terminal length beard just let it grow or you'll eventually wish you hadn't trimmed. If you just want a shorter or medium length beard. I think it's best to trim and shape along the way.
I always let mine go a little wild in the winter, but am constantly mostly the mustache and usually not cutting much off. but I do have to cut the under-beard back to keep it from taking over. Also I trim the sideburns down to keep it looking more long than wide.

I'm still going as well. This past weekend I took my mustache scissors and did a little trimming only on the hairs that stuck out awkwardly on my cheeks and neck.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
GoHabs:
I'm clean-shaving (sorry, tried to grow a stash...but alas...sigh), now, but to add a little bit of 'panache'...I do know of one from the 'silver screen' who has a 'great mustache'. :thumbsup:

"This year, the best mustaches in all of cinema are here to promote men’s health and stop men dying too young. We have partnered up with 20th Century Fox for the upcoming launch of the new Murder on the Orient Express. While solving the murder mystery on screen, you’ll find yourself marveling at the somewhat magnificent mustaches. [...]

mustache-smiley-png.840194
With the film releasing worldwide, this is an amazing opportunity for us to showcase the power the mustache has [on raising funds] and start life-saving conversations.

Hercule Poirot knows best why growing a mustache can really make a difference".
mustache-seal-jpg.840195

Works Cited: Grow your Stash like Poirot

proxy.php
"You need [commitment] in your soul to give birth to a mustache". Friedrich Nietzsche

Last edited:
No Shave November is OVER! I gave in to my Rockwell 6S this morning. It was quite a journey.

Think I'm keeping my full beard until March, then I'll decide if I want to keep it or go back to my usual mustache.
The last time I shaved my mustache was the Spring of 1984 and I remember how much I regretted doing it then. It's not a mistake I intend to repeat.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Are you kidding? I'm buying enough soaps and creams and aftershaves to last 1000 years. I can't stop shaving now.

Didn't do a beard, but I'm still working on the moustache. Starting to get to the point that it's just AWFUL unless I brush and wax it daily.

34478.jpg

One week into my second beard journey. Growing a beard when you are a daily shaver is not easy. Planning to let it go naturally for 8 weeks before giving it a trim. Wish me luck!

I got a bit of a head start on Movember by letting my beard start growing at the beginning of October. Closing in on six months of growth now. Pretty happy so far. For the first couple of months, I had a lot of white in the sides. As my beard has filled in from higher up on my cheeks, I'm getting more of my original brown working in with it. I still shave my neck every other day or so, so my razors, soaps, and brushes are aren't neglected. I don't intend to trim it for length for a while, although my barber catches the odd unruly hair with the scissors, and trims it a little on the sides when I get a haircut.

Top Bottom