What's new

No more Tony Miller Strops what now?

Im a DIY guy myself, :001_smile just made me some of these.

Its spanish leather from horse, super tight surface, very flat, soft but not like suede, it has a nice draw not as fast as your typical horse but not super heavy like a latigo.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Jose,
+1 Excellent looking strop!
You should put your sig on one side and the B&B logo on the other!

“The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it.” Oscar Wilde

"I deal with temptation by yielding to it” Mark Twain

When Samuel Clemmens and OW are on exactly the same page, who we to resist!

Actually, it strikes me that as a steward I should should be taking arms somehow against ADs, for the protection of the flock, not revealing that that this stuff is compelling and impossible to resist! So:

"Turn back, My Brothers! Do not go where I have gone! Here be dragons!"

Actually, it strikes me that as a steward I should should be taking arms somehow against ADs, for the protection of the flock, not revealing that that this stuff is compelling and impossible to resist!

I think under B&B official rules, the main job of the stewards is actually to encourage acquisition disorders :lol:

We might have to start making our own strops. Not sure how hard it is to make a quality premium strop. Perhaps someone can teach us? Or offer kits?

I think under B&B official rules, the main job of the stewards is actually to encourage acquisition disorders :lol:

Sometimes I am afraid it might actually seem that way, but it really shouldn't be! "Its been the ruin of many a poor boy and G_d I know I'm one!"

I was lucky to score a custom cordovan strop from Jose. I'll add some more pictures of Jose's fabulous work tomorrow. His attention to detail shows in the fit and finish , top notch. Once again very much appreciated, thank you!...:thumbup1

I was lucky to score a custom cordovan strop from Jose. This strop is a great alternative if you don't want to spend big bucks on a Kanayama. Here are some more pictures of Jose's fabulous work. His attention to detail shows in the fit and finish , top notch. Once again very much appreciated, thank you!...:thumbup1:

Last edited:
I'm also thinking about getting a 2-2.5" belt (utility belt, gun belt, etc), hang it on the door, and good to go.

I think the only difference in strops is the way they look and feel. For me, the looks and feel isn't worth the extra $$.

Tony makes great strops, I love his genuine linen.

Kanayama strops are great as well.

What happened to Keith le Grau from Handamerican? His strops got good reviews in the past, however he is constantly changing his storefront, often he does not reply to mails and his customer services have been criticised lately.

Top Bottom