What's new

No longer a Lurker

G'day Everyone,

Thought I'd drop-in to make my first post. I'll confess - I've been lurking for the past 3-4 weeks, so its about time I make a post to say - G'day !!

Thanks to everyone for sharing your ideas, thoughts and knowledge on wet shaving. It certainly does help a newbie like myself.

I started with a DE about 3 months ago - I found an old Wilkinson Sword DE Razor (similar to the classic, but a 2-piece, don't know the model). My Father gave it to me when I first started shaving as a teenager, but I remember giving-up on it fairly quickly and got myself on to carts. I'm glad I found it though. I guess one of the reason's I decided to have a go at DE shaving was because it was how my Father used to shave. He passed away August of last year - I adopted a few of his items, like his bowl (his brush unfortunately fell apart when I tried washing it). This might sound weird - It feels like I am connecting with him every time I shave. I can't believe I'm always looking forward to having my next shave !!!

In the past 2 months I've been using a Rimei (I think its an underrated Razor - Very nimble & incredibly good value). I recently upgraded to a Muhle R89 and thanks to you guys, I'm already thinking about adding another to the Den very soon, probably an open-comb (Parker 24/26C or Merkur 15C, or maybe both if I can't decide on which one to get). I've definitely got the wet-shaving disease, but it feels sooooo good.

Thank You and Cheers :thumbup:

Hello and welcome, Volare. Great to have you here on B&B. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

Welcome to B&B! Glad that you decided to join us! If you are wanting to try an OC razor, I highly recommend getting a vintage Gillette NEW. They are great shavers!

Top Bottom