What's new

Nivea A/S balms showdown : Extra Soothing vs Mild vs Cooling

I don't want to get too off topic here but how do you determine what kind of facial skin type you have? I've always kind of bounced between normal and dry in my mind, but when I think about it, my face doesn't actually seem dry, but certainly not oily. It is really only after shaving that it feel dry. Never really get pimples, and never did (not bragging just the way it was). After I shave it doesn't matter what kind of balm I use, Nivea ESB to Coral Skin Food, I always need a shot Nuetrogena Oil Free Moisture for my skin to feel "right".

Does this mean I have dry skin?

Back to the topic I like the ESB. I just wish it was more unscented.

I use the Nivea Sensitive ASB, I have between normal and dry skin, closer to dry. Alone this stuff doesn't have enough moisture for me, when I add Witch Hazel to it it works well enough, and I realllly like the scent :thumbup:

M

modern man

I don't want to get too off topic here but how do you determine what kind of facial skin type you have? I've always kind of bounced between normal and dry in my mind, but when I think about it, my face doesn't actually seem dry, but certainly not oily. It is really only after shaving that it feel dry. Never really get pimples, and never did (not bragging just the way it was). After I shave it doesn't matter what kind of balm I use, Nivea ESB to Coral Skin Food, I always need a shot Nuetrogena Oil Free Moisture for my skin to feel "right".

Does this mean I have dry skin?

Back to the topic I like the ESB. I just wish it was more unscented.

Sounds like NORMAL skin with some Dryness form winter weather and or shaving. A light ASB should do the trick (like Nivea :smile:).

Tried the Nivea Sensitive a few times and it feels really greasy on the face. When it absorbs in, it's fine, but it takes longer to soak in than my other ASBs. Can't say I notice any super improvement over the Body Shop ASBs or the SCS aftershave milk in terms of soothing/moisturizing, and the Body Shop and SCS products get pulled into my skin much quicker.

Maybe I have to get Nivea for a different skin type? Does that determine the rate of absorption of the stuff into your skin?

Top Bottom