What's new

Nice vacation shaving den and a new shave mug!

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Well, when I travel for business, it's usually a couple Bic Metal disposables, a shave stick or small tube of cream and some aftershave in a bottle. Like this.

$img2011080700038.jpg

It works, I can get through security with only a carry-on because I don't need blades. Quick and dirty, not ideal, but what can you do.

Well, I'm on vacation this week and since we drove, I decided to take a real razor, some AS in glass (that's Pinaud Clubman in the plastic above and in the clear Avon bottle here) and a couple brushes and a new cream. As nice as home! I'm enjoying this vacation!

$vacationden1.jpg

And to top it all off, I got an awesome new shaving mug, which I did not need, but at $22.50 I could not resist the impulse buy. A museum we were touring had it in their gift shop. It is the Whole Latte Latte – 16 oz. mug from this website ...

http://shstoneware.com/

They have artwork and glaze galleries on the site. This is gorgeous, let me tell you, workmanship is impeccable. That's a B&B Essentials brush in the bowl of the mug for size reference. I did not need this but it was calling my name. The medallion design is called the Celtic Five Fold, but the glaze is hard for me to determine. I want to say it is the Royal Green, but all I can tell you is it is gorgeous!

This is turning into a nice "shavecation" vacation! :thumbup:

$Mug1-1.jpg

$Mug2-1.jpg

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Well, that's why I was glad we drove. I would not take that much stuff if we flew. But it was fun! Our primary purpose was relaxation and reading, so it was nice to take my time with the morning shave this vacation.

The "work travel" den in the top photo gets it done. But barely.

Top Bottom