What's new

Nice Swaty

I tried my Swaty for the first time today. I gave a cheapie razor, four timid laps. Once that razor went through my arm hair like butter, I proceeded to freshen up the others.

They came out very nice, except for the Dovo Inox, which even though had some improvement to it, was a definitely not as nice as the others.

I'm very excited with this breakthrough:w00t:, yet perplexed with the Dovo.
Should I do anything different to stainless steel?

I disagree, Mr. Scruffy. I hone stainless exactly the same as carbon, and I get the same edges.

The amount of strokes depends on where the razor is before you start more than it depends on the steel. I'd bet your Dovo wasn't quite as keen as your others were before the Swaty. If you touch up a razor and it doesn't get where you want it to go, do some more strokes. Test. Repeat as necessary.

I disagree, Mr. Scruffy. I hone stainless exactly the same as carbon, and I get the same edges.

The amount of strokes depends on where the razor is before you start more than it depends on the steel. I'd bet your Dovo wasn't quite as keen as your others were before the Swaty. If you touch up a razor and it doesn't get where you want it to go, do some more strokes. Test. Repeat as necessary.

That could very possibly be it. I bought the Dovo from a board member at BST: "shave ready" but not freshly honed. Three, from a vendor who honed them before shipping. The last one from ebay was sent to Ken for honing.

Makes total sense, thanks.

Top Bottom