What's new

Nib Acquisitions: February 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
$IMG_7670.jpg$IMG_7674.jpg$IMG_7676.jpg

My Pelikan 100 came in on Friday! It's a pre-war, with hard rubber, and four chicks. The nib is fine and has an awesome flex.

Finally used my Christmas gift certificate and pulled the trigger on a Lamy 2000 "F" nib. I ordered it from Goulet and had it tested before purchasing and glad to report it is very smooth and I don't have any issue with a restrictive sweet spot. I really like the quick on/off cap as opposed to my Parker 51 which can get stubborn at times.

Now for the rest of the story...... Two days later it slipped out of my two pen leather slip case (only had the Lamy in there so it must have been loose) and hit the floor. The cap was on, but still knocked it out of alignment. Crap! That will be a separate thread!

$IMG_0741.jpg

When it was a rod, it ate four dozen inks every morning to help it get large.
Now it's a pen, it'll eat five dozen inks. It's roughly the size of a barge.
Oh what a pen, that Gaston's.

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
When it was a rod, it ate four dozen inks every morning to help it get large.
Now it's a pen, it'll eat five dozen inks. It's roughly the size of a barge.
Oh what a pen, that Gaston's.

I am lucky enough to have one of each of the four Gaston Sheaffer Legacies.

proxy.php

He is missed.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Well, I didn't think the mail was being delivered today because of Presidents Day. But, I guess this package had been sitting in my mailbox for about 10 hours in 20 degree weather. The inks were a bit frozen, but hopefully they'll be fine when they thaw. I think this is going to be the only time that I'm ever going to be glad that I got the plastic Noodler's container. I could have had a mess on my hands if the ink would have frozen in the glass containers. As always, sorry for the shoddy picture.
Franklin-Christoph Model 02 (M)
Noodler's Nib Creaper
Noodler's Apache Sunset
Noodler's Antietam
$IMG_20160215_223152794.jpg

Last edited:
Finally pulled the trigger on a pen I've been wanting for a long time - A Pilot Vanishing Point. I got it in Desert Orange. I plan to fill it up today with some Pilot Yama-guri brown.
proxy.php

I just ordered a 1.5 MM stub nib for my Lamy Studio today. I find that I don't use the Lamy as much as I use my Sheaffer 300, so I figured a different nib might get me to switch off a bit more often.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Sadly, due to some recent circumstances, this will probably be my last acquisition for quite a while. I've amassed a pretty decent collection in the past year, so this will give me an opportunity post in this thread more: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/482037-Appreciating-the-pens-you-already-have

Anyway, I received Noodler's Golden Brown, Noodler's Kiowa Pecan, Rohrer & Klingner Alt-Goldgrun, an empty glass Noodler's bottle (coincidentally, it was a bottle of the same ink that I wanted to pour from it's plastic container, Apache Sunset), two empty 30ml glass J. Herbin bottles, a Clairefontaine notebook, a Goulet 1.5mm stub nib, a Noodler's Art Nib pact, some micromesh, and a couple of brass sheets.

$2016-02-20.jpg

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Parcel from Krefeld, Germany ... a near-mint Pelikan 140 with a semi-flex broad nib. Broad nibs from the fifties are like stubs, and this one is about 0.9mm-1.0mm with lots of smooth iridium.

Hard to shoot in my light today but maybe you can see the inscription, Kessler & Comp. which seems to be a cake bakery. It seems that pens with company names often receive only light use if any. This one did not disappoint!

$logo.png

Stub-like gold nibs are great but ones that flex are even better. :thumbup1:

$semi-flex broad.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally my Twsbi Eco arrived.... with a broad nib. Great pen. Inked it up with Diamine Blue Velvet.... what a great and smooth nib. Its not quite the ink I like in it. Lets see... Somehow I see a ink purchase in the future...lol

$0222162107~2[1].jpg

And the Tsuki-yo has arrived!
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456347082.909173.jpg

I didn't realise the box was fancy too. In photos it just looks like a box, but now I see it is made of decent weight cardboard and has a silvery textured finish. Nice.

$20160224_160054.jpg
$20160224_161734.jpg
Very good weekend for my collections.
Got some learning to do if I want to get the 2 vacuum fillers working.
Anxiously looking forward to it.

nice scores Podog...wish I could find some estate sales like that around where I am at....I'm convinced that in my small corner or the world fountain pens were just skipped over. People around here must have just went straight from pencils to ballpoint.

My purchases this month - 2 Parker 51's from my brother-in-law who restores them and a bottle of J. Herbin Gray - Gris Nuage

$Pens 1 of 3.jpg$Pens 2 of 3.jpg$Pens 3 of 3.jpg

Gene

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
My purchases this month - 2 Parker 51's from my brother-in-law who restores them and a bottle of J. Herbin Gray - Gris Nuage

Gene

I love the shading capabilities of many of the J Herbin inks. Gris Nuage is one of my favorites from their ink line. It can be very light and faint in color, but it can also be a nice rich grey when used with a pen that puts down a thick, wet line. Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom