What's new

Newbies new badger and fist attempt at lather (pics)

Well my first Badger is here :badger: :w00t: and heres my attempts at lather, aside from some shedding I'm pretty happy.
- Tweezerman Badger
- Toms of Maine Calendula cream

The Soak

A little goes a long way

A few swirls in

After 20 swirls good to go

I'm still a newb too, so FWIW - it looks good, but I think it could be a bit creamier. A lot of bubbles, watch Mantic's videos on YouTube; you may need to add a touch more water as well.

Just my 2 cents.

Enjoy your shave.

- Jeff

Dennis
Great first attempt!

proxy.php

To kick it up you could do one of 2 things, Use the same amount of water and double the amount of cream or cut your water back. A good shake and a squeeze of the brush might do it-you can always add water.

A 5 or 6 inch bowl will give you a an easier job of it then your cup. A plain cereal bowl would do it.

Again great first shot!
:badger:

Thanks for the tips and comments :smile: I thought a cup would be to small, but I figured I would give it a go anyway, next Ill give the bowl a go as suggested.

Also, I would recommend that when you master the bowl you could try making the lather directly on your face. It's now my preferred method.

I agree, good first lather! Looks like mine did. I shake out most of the water from my brush since it's easy to add more later. Now that I am getting more used to the creams I have I'm trying less of a shake.... It's all trial and error.

Incidently, My Tweezerman still sheds a hair or so every shave. Not a huge deal since it's so cheap AND lifetime guarantee......

Top Bottom