What's new

New Toy! Flat bottom Tech

I think I got mine from esteemed member @rabidus.. (who if memory serves likes the post-war Tech the best).

The flat bottom Tech is great on most of my beard. When it comes to above my lip and my chin especially the left side of my chin, it takes a rigid blade edge to BBS it or it's a blood bath.

I'm glad it's in the hands of someone who enjoys it!

So I thought I'd do an update. Last 3 shaves I used an Astra with 4 shaves on it to start. It's from the cryogenic double blind blade test, so trying to finish it off. I was a little worried by rabidus's comment about having trouble under the nose. After my first shave with the Feather, sure enough there were leftovers under my nose. Not much, but noticeable. I've paid closer attention to that area, with great success, so no problem there. YFMV (Your Face May Vary)

The shave is still blade forward, but the Astra moderates the feel more. Not quite as much feedback as with the Feather blade. Razor is head heavy, but haven't consciously noticed it since the second shave. It will be fun to run a few different blades through this. Will be a week or so before I can get back to it. The Rockwell 6s pass around razor is supposed to show up tomorrow, so it get's priority. Really look forward to using this one some more.

I have two English Tech flat back razors with heads like the OP's. One with a top cap that badly needs replating One handle is like the OP's and the other is a open back end hollow handle as used on some English LC razors too. A 0.362" diameter by 2.85" long knurled handle with two grooves near the open end. Mr. Razor does not show it as a Tech handle but it is a shown English Long comb handle. The handle with the razor in the below photo.
1946 (R2 on blade) NEW England.JPG

Top Bottom