What's new

new tobs scent? shave shop

I am not sure if this is a new tobs scent or a re-release. it's called shave shop. anyone hear of it or has used it in the past or present? your thoughts on it for those that have used it either in the past or now/ thanks

Looks like it is a re-release of a discontinued scent. It is described as a citrus top note with cedar and oak. Might be worth a sniff, JM

You either found a very old tub of their discontinued Shave Shop soap, or as Jer said, it's been re-released (which I hadn't heard about, if that's true).

I bought a tub purely out of curiosity. Like all TOBS creams it lathers really easily and works very well. The consistency is less waxy and more creamy than the other TOBS I’ve tried too.

I’ve read others say the scent smells like something cheap they remember from days past, and I have to agree. There’s a great (although rather dive-ey) BBQ place down the street from where I work. They have great food at great prices…and a kind of gross bathroom that every girl I’ve taken there has found unusable(!). They have this really pungent foaming hand soap in there and the Shave Shop cream smells like a toned-down version of it! Very motel hand-soap vibe. It doesn’t stink per se but I dunno, it’s weird.

I realize mentioning Arko in a TOBS thread is borderline heresy…and although nothing smells as bad as Arko…I would’ve preferred the Shave Shop soap was unscented! If your sense of smell is diminished or have a hard time smelling scents this one will go undetected by your nose as it is very mildy scented.

Top Bottom