What's new

New Tobacco Scores!

So I just got home from work and these were waiting for me at the door! :drool:
View attachment 286455
I pick up the Peterson Holiday tobacco every year, but I have not tried the 2012 yet, nor the other 3 McClellands. Anyone have any experience with these?

Attachments

• $photo-2.jpg
    $photo-2.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Do you know what you're getting with the Peterson's each time? I mean, that's a lot of tobacco to jump into without knowing exactly what it is. Correct me if I'm wrong, but those special releases (at least the Peterson's summer editions) don't have any descriptions on their packaging, do they? Regardless, enjoy! What a wonderful thing to come home to after a day's work.

Do you know what you're getting with the Peterson's each time? I mean, that's a lot of tobacco to jump into without knowing exactly what it is. Correct me if I'm wrong, but those special releases (at least the Peterson's summer editions) don't have any descriptions on their packaging, do they? Regardless, enjoy! What a wonderful thing to come home to after a day's work.

The Peterson Holiday tobacco is different each year, but they do offer a brief description of what you are getting. Here is the description for the 2012 release from Peterson:

"
This mixture creates harmony and comfort – the perfect antidote for this hectic season. Delicious Virginia tobaccos of different shades and cuts are blended in proportion with three kinds of exquisite Black Cavendish. When smoked this tobacco presents itself as substantial and opulent as well as soft and cool. The fragrance is refined and strong in expression and combines delicious aromas of hazelnut, caramel and baked apples."

It is definitely a lot. I usually go for 50g tinned tobacco, but this is always a special treat and although the description isn't the most detailed, I like the risk and the bit of surprise when I open the tin for the first time to smell and the second time to taste. There hasn't been a years blend that I didn't enjoy and I can usually put a decent dent in it during the holidays, which leaves me with a generous amount to come back to on occasion the following year(s). Now that I have a few tins from various years, its also fun to compare amongst them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom