What's new

New to vaping

I've been vaping for around a month now and love it. I started with a vape pen but quickly upgraded to a better mod. Currently I'm using an IPV D2 with a Herakles sub ohm tank. It has temp control, which I've yet to try. But the power mode is great. How much difference is there between power mode and temperature mode? I have the ni200 coils but im waiting for my .2Ω coil to go bad before I change it out. Any tips or suggestions would be great. Thanks.

How much difference is there between power mode and temperature mode?

Hi Tim,

in theory I can see 2 advantages in temperature mode:
- when you press the fire button the mod can initially use higher power to heat up the coil quickly and reduce it as soon as the target temp is reached, this could mean a quicker response between fire button and vape
- when your tank accidently runs out of juice without you noticing temperature control should prevent burning up the cotton wick in the coil.

At least the second advantage seems to work most of the time according to lots of vids on youtube :=)

br,
ToM

Welcome to the vape sub forum! I like that idea for the temp control not burning the wick. On a tank setup I would think it rare to run it even close to dry since you can see how low the tank is. It would be super useful on like the Derringer though, and other similar devices.

Welcome to the vape sub forum! I like that idea for the temp control not burning the wick. On a tank setup I would think it rare to run it even close to dry since you can see how low the tank is. It would be super useful on like the Derringer though, and other similar devices.

Don't forget tanks like the FeV which have no glass section or windows...
It could also save the wick if liquid supply is too low because of less than perfect build :=)

br,
ToM

Have tried temp control, all I can say is its not for me.

That being said it means you can chain vape on a tank with no dry hits at a high VG concentration.

Top Bottom