What's new

New to safety razors!

I have been looking into safety razors for quite a while now and one happened to show up. It's a "Gillette Adjustable" I have no clue on how to find out what year it's from.
proxy.php

Anyone have any tips on usage, or the number settings to this? I'm a "noob".:confused:

Thanks!

I'm not a seasoned shaver, but not really a noob.

I'd really appreciate you telling me how you get those to "just show up", however....:smile:

It will have a date code of D, E, F, or G, signifying 1958, 59, 60, and 61 respectively. Also part of that code is a number signifying the quarter of that year.

In terms of usage, start off with a 3 to 3.5 setting and as you develop your skills, crank it up to what seems comfortable. I leave mine on 6.

Don't forget to open the TTO before you start changing the aggressiveness settings.

It will have a date code of D, E, F, or G, signifying 1958, 59, 60, and 61 respectively. Also part of that code is a number signifying the quarter of that year.

Cool! It's a 59' then. Can't wait to clean and start using it :cool:

I'm not a seasoned shaver, but not really a noob.

I'd really appreciate you telling me how you get those to "just show up", however....:smile:
I work at a thrift store, someone donated this and was found by a manager. since we cannot sell it I was able to snatch it up. It's in good condition, just needs cleaning :tongue_sm

Suprised nobody has actually explicitly told you it's a Fatboy !!!

See my sig for some other info that might help ya :001_smile

Top Bottom