What's new

New to me Fatboy conserns

I recently purchased my first Fatboy razor from ebay. When I loaded a new blade I noticed that one corner the blade will take a dip down and touch the guide giving the entire blade a slanted effect. When I removed the blade I noticed the head of the razor on one side is not true to the guide. Is this common with a DE razor? Should I contact the seller for an exchange? Am I just better off buying a new Merkur Futura?

I recently purchased my first Fatboy razor from ebay. When I loaded a new blade I noticed that one corner the blade will take a dip down and touch the guide giving the entire blade a slanted effect. When I removed the blade I noticed the head of the razor on one side is not true to the guide. Is this common with a DE razor? Should I contact the seller for an exchange?

Yes, I sure would. Does not sound right.

Perhaps the guide bar corner is bent up? It happend if you drop a razor. Try installing a blade, then gentaly press the corner of the guide bar on a nice, square edged table and gentaly bend it down. It can take some fiddleing around, but as long as you get the gap between the blade and bar even, it should shave fine.

Top Bottom