What's new

New to forum and cannot send a PM?

Hi, I am a newbie on the forum and was trying to reach out to a member about a razor they have listed on the buy sell trade forum, but I am unable to send a pm. When I click on their ID I see options to follow or report, but am unable to figure out how to send a private message. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Chris

Hi, I am a newbie on the forum and was trying to reach out to a member about a razor they have listed on the buy sell trade forum, but I am unable to send a pm. When I click on their ID I see options to follow or report, but am unable to figure out how to send a private message. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Chris
I think need to have 10 posts before you can send a private message

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Welcome to the forum. You require 10 posts to enable the PM or Start a Conversation button. You are currently sitting on 6 posts so you are almost there.

Welcome to B&B! We are so happy that you decided to join us. Before long you will have a few thousand post if you are not careful. That is how we roll here.....

I have basically this same question except I would like to know ~exactly~ what is a message or post that counts toward these important totals? I have responded to many existing threads, but apparently a simple responce does not count towward the "message" total" ? I am not a talkative type, and also am 75 years young so I am not much of a "social media type".. so the chnaces that I will start original "threads" is a very rare occurrence for me.

I have basically this same question except I would like to know ~exactly~ what is a message or post that counts toward these important totals? I have responded to many existing threads, but apparently a simple responce does not count towward the "message" total" ? I am not a talkative type, and also am 75 years young so I am not much of a "social media type".. so the chnaces that I will start original "threads" is a very rare occurrence for me.
It appears that last post of yours was your 10th post. You should now be able to start a conversation with someone, also known as private messaging (PM). And welcome to B & B!

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Glad you all can (should be able to) PM now and welcome to B&B. I hope to read more about your shaving journey.

We see this somewhat frequently, and I can understand a new members frustration. But the post requirements are pretty light IMHO.

All that being said, let's have a moment of fun members. If you could PM ANYONE alive, dead, or fictional who would it be? I'll lead off with James Tiberius Kirk.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
Glad you all can (should be able to) PM now and welcome to B&B. I hope to read more about your shaving journey.

We see this somewhat frequently, and I can understand a new members frustration. But the post requirements are pretty light IMHO.

All that being said, let's have a moment of fun members. If you could PM ANYONE alive, dead, or fictional who would it be? I'll lead off with James Tiberius Kirk.
I think this deserves a thread of its own, great idea.

I would PM Mrs Herself, I can never get the hold of her on the phone.

Top Bottom