What's new

New Supply SE

I received the Supply SE with the "open comb" design today. I am one of the lucky few that lives close enough to Supply that I got my razor in 1 day. In short, this razor performs like the post-war Tech of the SE world. If you like that kind of razor, then you will like this one. If you want more efficiency, I would look at the Pro. Overall, I recommend this razor and I am happy with Supply in general!

On to the details...

The razor came nicely packed with black label blades. The razor has a single spring-loaded screw that can be used to disassemble the razor for easy cleaning. It is fairly hefty and was nicely finished. No issues with workmanship or other defects.

Loading the included black label blades was very easy, no issue there. I had removed the cardboard insert as part of disassembling the razor so that may have made it easier.

I normally use a Schick Adjustable with the Chinese-made Schicks aka (Chicks) on about 4-7 depending on the day and the sharpness of the blade.

I am a BBS chaser so I was curious about the guard and "no-nick" description of the razor. I took it for a spin with my normal 3-pass shave (WTG, XTG, ATG) with touch-ups.

Overall, the razor/blade combo is very smooth. There were no nicks and no feedback from my aftershave beyond the menthol coolness. To say this razor leaves you with no irritation is an understatement. As you would expect with a razor that leaves little irritation, it is mild. I would say somewhere around a 3 on the adjustable.

I got a BBS, but I had to use a number of techniques to get there. Primarily stretching the skin, buffing, and J-hooking most of which was done after I had rinsed off the soap residue. I would say it took an extra pass to really get to BBS.

I like the razor and the blades! It is what it advertises, a solid, well made injector razor with quality blades at a reasonable price. It is mild as advertised but can be used to get a BBS.

I think if you are a DFS shaver, this razor is a good choice. If you are a BBS advocate and love razors like the R41, I would suggest the Pro. If you are fine with some extra fiddling to get the BBS when you want it, but value minimizing the risk of nicks and irritation, this is also a good choice for you.

The best comparison I can make to this razor is the post-war Tech. If you like that one, you will like this razor. If you want something more efficient, I would look at the pro.

I would recommend this razor!
Excellent review. I am a prewar Tech user with a Feather. May give this one a try. Not a big fan of adjustable.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I loved the first Supply Injector . But, after my review of the black blades was scrubbed from their website I've been less enamored, especially as they went from machined stainless to cast stuff. Sorry

Top Bottom