What's new

INFO! New Sub-forum in the Brown Leaf- Stock Exchange Instruction

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Though the legal age for smoking in most states in America is 18, many cities and states are in the process of raising the procurement age to 21.
We are an international community here and many countries do have a 21 year minimum age requirement.
We want to comply with all applicable laws and guidelines so we have set the bar higher.
At B&B, we never just do what we must, we do what is right.

I guess I am a little behind as I just saw this thread today but while I am reading through:

Thank you to all the Mods who helped make this possible. The dedication and hard work you do hear truly shows what a great community this is.

Is it disrespectful to ask why the minimum age is 21? and how do you acquire such a badge?

Badger and Blade is a website based in California and hence must conform to California (and US laws).

If you qualify, follow the link in Phil's initial post in this thread to pick up your Badge.

Though the legal age for smoking in most states in America is 18, many cities and states are in the process of raising the procurement age to 21.
We are an international community here and many countries do have a 21 year minimum age requirement.
We want to comply with all applicable laws and guidelines so we have set the bar higher.
At B&B, we never just do what we must, we do what is right.

Here in the UK the legal smoking age is 16, however you have to be 18 to buy tobacco legally. I just assumed it would be 18 everywhere. I'm not going to whine about whether or not i should be able to take part as I understand the reasoning behind what you are saying and respect that. Thanks for the info!

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Here in the UK the legal smoking age is 16, however you have to be 18 to buy tobacco legally. I just assumed it would be 18 everywhere. I'm not going to whine about whether or not i should be able to take part as I understand the reasoning behind what you are saying and respect that. Thanks for the info!

Thanks, it's appreciated.
New York is one of the locales that are shifting procurement age to 21, though it appears the use age will remain 18.

I always felt the same way about the legal drinking age in that to buy a beer, one had to be 21, and yet you could join the service and go die for your country in a God forsaken swamp or desert at the age of 17.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Love :001_tt1: the new 'Brown Leaf' Sub-forum.
proxy.php

Would be nice if the Text (font size), format for this Badge was the the same as our other Badges. :001_rolle

proxy.php
"[Badges] are but nicknames, and every nickname is a [badge]". Thomas Paine

Last edited:
All badges are in the process of overhaul.
can I have an overhaul'd badge,... no wait an "Inked" Badge,... no wait how about we make an official SpillyInk badge,... no wait,... this is the wrong thread for this

so I shall leave you with a :syn: and once again say a big thank you to everyone involved in rolling that exchange out, I big task that looks to be a great Idea

I think the train of thought here (and it's especially important in this new undertaking) is to err on the side of caution. 21 instead of 18 definitely fulfills that.

When I enough post & some where round the first of the month I'll shoot B&B a payment / Gift as a Contributor as I am finding myself enjoying the site . as for the Backer trading Man I do enjoy my Cigars and brown water <Grins> nice to see others do as well .

Top Bottom