What's new

New razor for me: I bought a VISION!

Hi All!
I bought my new razor and I decided for a Merkur Vision (Xmas self-present): I don't know when I'll have courage use it, but now it's here!
Would you like give me some good advice?
I wish you spend the most beautiful Xmas, Hanukkah or what else you want!!

It's a great razor, but it could be dangerous in the hands of someone new to DE shaving. In any event, keep it dialed down low (towards the "N") until you get used to its weight, feel, and how it shaves. Oh, and keep it clean. There're a lot of moving parts that like to get gummed up with soap/cream residue.

Good luck and Merry Christmas!

You are going to LOVE the Vision...this razor actually cured my RAD...although I have acquired more than 20 razors, since I purchased my Vision, the others have become display pieces...everything I wanted in a razor, and through my purchases did not find, was found in the Vision...Although I must admit, the selection of razors I have amassed allowed me to hone in on the qualities I wanted in a razor...:biggrin:...the best advice I can give you is BLADE ANGLE...it is the difference between a great shave or a blood bath (and prep of course but the best prep mixed with too steep of an angle will make you run and hide from this particular utensil)...don't be afraid to give her a spin...WATCH YOUR BLADE ANGLE...did I mention blade angle? take care and enjoy.

You will love it......my Vision is my daily razor. Just keep it dialed low, and use NO pressure....the razor will do the rest....superbly

Welcome to B&B

I don't know how you guys shave with one of those? To me it looks quite clunky and the head looks so big, I don't know you you can maneuver it under the nose? Also, the handle doesn't seem to have much grip, could easily slip out of wet hands.

I don't know how you guys shave with one of those? To me it looks quite clunky and the head looks so big, I don't know you you can maneuver it under the nose? Also, the handle doesn't seem to have much grip, could easily slip out of wet hands.

In the case of the Vision...looks are deceiving. It is very maneuverable, and is not slippery at all.

apprentice

Don't know anything about the Vision except that it looks cool,
but congratulations and welcome.

Graham

I use a Vision also. I like it a lot. Just let the weight of the razor do its thing.

It was the first DE razor I used and there was a learning curve. I am finding that the blades make all the difference. I was using Feather blades. They were great but now I am using BIC DEs. They are just as sharp and they give a much smoother shave. Make sure you experiment with different brands of blades.

Do not adjust it for the first few shaves. Just let it do the work.:001_smile

A Vision was my first DE razor, and I like everything about it except the price and the bulk of the head, which does make it somewhat difficult to maneuver under my nose. I don't dial it all the way down. I start with it at about 10% and move up to 25%, and I've had good results. It certainly blows away any of the many cartridge razors I've used over the years.

As for maintenance, I've been careful to follow the advice I received from many users to keep it clean and oiled. I use a high grade turbine oil, but I think Sterol is the recommended lubricant.

Hope you enjoy it!

The Vision 2000 was my first DE, and is still by daily shaver, you will love it. I have other vintage Gillette's that I also enjoy, along with other Merkur's, but the Vision out shaves them all.

The above posts are all good suggestions, most importantly, let the razor do the work, use very, very light pressure................and enjoy the subtle click, click as it goes through the beard.

My advice is to not get hung up on the setting indicators of the adjustment dial. Just see wherever fully closed is and dont worry if its not exactly on the last letter of "VISION". Then, use trial and error to see where the dial is when you are getting your best, most comfortable shaves. Also, there are no clicks, the dial is infinitely variable between its extremes. So, if you want it a tiny bit more or less aggressive, you can do it.

Tim

The Vision is a verey good razor, it is the only DE I use. A year after I got mine I started using a straight, I now use the Vision about 20% of the time.

Terry

apprentice

Don't know anything about the Vision except that it looks cool,
but congratulations and welcome

:001_huh: I didn't know anything even about Badger & Blade and many other things, included you:em3400: . I didn't know anything... but I'm trying to learn, get knowledge... perhaps I'm wrong?

Top Bottom